At Microserve, we're an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 250 staff, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized for our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
To find out more about Microserve, click here.
We are looking for a Printer Technician to join our Technical Services team in Victoria, BC. The Printer Technician is a professional who installs new printers, configures printers on network, maintains and ensures the proper function of standalone printers, scanners or Network Printers.
The Printer Technician takes care of the regular and routine repairs including replacements, providing service and client support during field visits or dispatches. They manage all on site installation, repair, maintenance, and test tasks; diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
The Printer Technician should be well-versed with the functionality to explain the equipment operation better to the client. The technician will have to directly interact with the clients before the site visit. This will help the professional to ensure corrective measures are taken to rectify it. They should also maintain a positive relationship with the clients.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintains, deploys, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs printer systems, hardware and related peripherals.
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
- Perform diagnostic repairs and preventative maintenance for our clients in the local area.
- Trains and consults end users on printer functions as required.
- May also be required to repair PC/Workstation and laptops.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 1-3 years’ experience in the service and repair of printers/MFP devices
- 1-3 years’ experience in a Digital Imaging Environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain positive client service
- CompTIA PDI+ Certification (or similar)
- Certifications from HP or other printer manufacturers considered an asset
- Knowledge of manufacturers service advisory/order management/parts lookup processes preferred
- Must have reliable vehicle and driver's license (we offer competitive mileage reimbursement)
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check (CPIC)