IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Principle Software Engineer (Full Stack Frontend) to join our client in Vancouver, BC.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Centrally located
- Transit accessible
- Work collaboratively in teams composed of Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers
- Taking ownership of the overall architecture and development of highly scalable ReactJS frontend application that talk to Node JS API services and Lambda functions
- Implement dynamic and interactive pages using ReactJS by consuming REST and GraphQL services.
- This is a high traffic, high velocity application so key skills will involve, SEO, page load performance, effective testing strategies
- Build backend services around advanced machine learning and predictive analytic models
- Design and operationalize data pipelines using advanced data architectures deployed on Amazon Web Services
- Optimize our developer toolchain to support instant provisioning of new services and infrastructure, fully automate deployment, and minimize development friction.
- Work in a product development process that is primarily Agile/Scrum
Top Skills Required
- A driven software engineer that is motivated to build great products and a great code base in a fast-paced environment
- Able to take requirements and build something that’s simple yet impactful, minimalistic yet beautiful, extensible yet maintainable.
- Independent and can manage your own projects and time with ease, all the while setting and managing stakeholder expectations
- Strong communication skills with a growth and learning mindset
- Ability to technically lead other engineers to deliver large scale projects
- Experience with developing complex software systems using modern frameworks, tools, and systems
- Experience working across the full technical stack, delivering quality code on both front-end and back-end
- Strong software engineering instincts: meaningful and deeply-rooted opinions about sound quality/speed trade-offs, code quality, and testing
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to make data-driven decisions
- Attention to detail, great sense of design, and commitment to beautiful user experiences
- 10 or more years experience developing software in one or more modern programming languages (e.g. ReactJS/NextJS, Python, Ruby, Go, Node.js, Dart) and seven years of front end development experience
- Experience building single page applications
- Experience implementing progressive web application and service workers
- Deep understanding of how to monitor and tune the application performance
- Deep understanding of how to write SEO friendly react applications
- Experience building the large scale internet application
- Exposure to cloud-based architectures, development, and deployment,
- Familiarity with cloud technologies such as AWS EC2, ECS, S3, RDS
- 2 or more years of experience as an engineering manager or technical lead
- Exceptional technical skills across front-end and back-end, and broad exposure to cloud-based architectures and distributed systems
- Implement AB tests, measure the impact and derive insights
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals, schema design, and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering/related field or equivalent professional
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.