Are you passionate about enabling millions of customers around the world to buy anything, anywhere, anytime? Can you run large cross-team projects? Are you equally comfortable digging into business requirements as drilling into architecture with development teams? Do you want to take the best e-commerce platform in the world to the next level?
We, the Ordering team, need a strong Technical Program Manager to lead our large, multi-year initiatives. You will get the opportunity to lead engineers across teams and organizations towards meeting challenging goals, and will help us continuously making our platform ready for our current and future challenges.
TPMs at Amazon work on real-world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end, and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions of customers around the world. At Amazon, a TPM can expect to collaborate with brilliant colleagues to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing.
As a member of Ordering's development team in Vancouver, Canada, you will be a key player in driving the growth of Amazon's Consumer business by enabling more and more business to onboard to the most sophisticated and scalable eCommerce platform in the world. You will drive future solutions that will impact how we run the Consumer business worldwide and interface with many teams, both technical and non-technical, across the company, and - most importantly - you'll get to work with some awesome people having a lot of fun!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Product development experience (including C++, Java, XML, messaging protocols, and Web Services)
• Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules
• 7+ years of relevant work experience in internet-related program and/or technical product management in a software applications environment
• Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical disciplinePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
• Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
• Masters degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
• Prior experience as a software developer
Management and Executive