Fortinet is looking for an experienced Principal Technical Support Expert to join our Burnaby office to provide exceptional customer service and technical help for our loyal customers.
The Support Expert is an escalation point for Fortinet partners and will also interface with QA and development to solve customer problems and identify bugs through replication and testing. Job Responsibilities:
Job Experience Required:
- Basic troubleshooting on the core Fortinet products - Fortigate
- Collection, analysis and change recommendations of configuration information
- Collection and analysis of customer system information
- Recommend corrective actions based on analysis
- Provide customer education where needed due to gaps in networking, product knowledge etc.
- Consultation of technical documentation, bulletins and release notes for known problems
- Reproduction of customer environments on lab equipment; work to isolate and solve problems; recommend potential new solutions.
- Follow up on technical cases including proper escalation and management of the case until case closure.
- Manage customer communications and expectations until the closure of each case; conduct and lead customer management meetings regarding escalation
- 8+ years of experience in a technical support or system administration role in a networking/security company
- Deep working knowledge of operating systems - Windows, OSX, Linux
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, routing protocols, L2/L3 switches.
- Experience with security products -firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN, virus scanning.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Previous call center experience, preferably supporting data networking products and/or security products is desirable.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is desirable.
Software and Programming Information Technology