Do you possess a passion for e-commerce, an obsession to make customers happy, and at the same time an ability to solve intrinsically hard technology problems? Are you excited by the idea of directly influencing the foundation for Amazon's future retail technology?
We are looking for a Principal Technology Program Manager (TPM) who runs and delivers a cross-organizational program that has significant strategic impact on a project that is fundamental to Amazon's future. Our team is responsible for and growing an innovative, confidential, and global project that uncovers and solves endemic problems in business and technology.
As Principal TPM, you solve significantly complex technical problems and directly influence cross-organizational roadmaps. You deliver technical solutions in an environment with an evolving business strategy. In fact, your strong, data-driven, and strategic technical judgement will help define the business strategy. You're also part of a core group of leaders who act as advisers to senior leadership at Amazon.
You are trusted to operate with complete independence and lead efforts (many initiated by you) with technical and business stakeholders. You proactively drive business and technology reviews, align teams toward coherent strategies, and communicate effectively across the organization.
This role will be a good fit if you...
• have a passion for eCommerce
• have a demonstrated obsession for customers
• are entrepreneurial, optimistic, and like the challenges associated with working with ambiguity
• are passionate about building and leading cross-organizational technology programs
• have an ability to decompose complex problems into straightforward solutions
• possess an excellent understanding of development tools in order to develop software productively
• are a creative problem solver who can work without supervision or direction
• have an analytical mind and are able to communicate complex issues in a concise way
• have the ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done
• are a skilled business and technical communicator, comfortable presenting across all levels of the organization
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Defining and managing a confidential technical cross-organizational program with significant technology impact
• Creating, optimizing, and driving adoption of critical mechanisms necessary to ensure program success
• Owning the technology roadmaps for a portfolio of technology projects; coordinating between projects
• Acting as a subject matter expert in a broad retail domain, independently acquiring broad and deep knowledge
• Proactively driving business and technology reviews
• Delivering reviews to leaders across all levels of the leadership organization and fostering a shared understanding by asking intelligent questions about proposed solutions
• Influencing organizational priorities, system owners, business, and technology direction to a large degree by representing complex decisions and recommendations verbally and in written narrative
• Driving key programs and projects worldwide with complete independence
• Independently seeking additional technical guidance where necessary
• Driving executive-level escalations with excellent judgement
• Liaising with various internal and external teams to deliver results
• Amplifying your impact by educating TPM and engineering communicates on program management best practicesBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 7+ years of technical program management experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 15+ years of professional experience in software development
• Excellent knowledge of retail technologies and retail business drivers
• Track record of handling changing priorities and showing good judgement
• Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in cloud-based software design and development
• Exposure to digital marketing, especially SEM, SEO, and Video Advertising
• Strong sense of urgency and personal commitment
Management and Executive