Amazon brings buyers and sellers together. Our retail customers depend on us to give them access to every product at the best possible price. Our sellers depend on us to give them a platform to launch their business into every home and marketplace. Making this happen is the mission of every engineer on the Amazon North American Retail Expansion team.
The job is simple: make everything available to everyone all the time at the best possible price. The requirements are almost as simple - we're looking for leaders and trailblazers who aren't afraid of tackling massive scale, layered complexity and ambiguous requirements to empower our customers to shop the World. No two features are ever the same and our customers are hungry for every single one!
If you want to create exciting new features, bringing unique experiences and value to our customers, then we want to talk to you. If you want to work on the fulfilment technologies that bring increased selection and a premier delivery experience across all of North America, we want to talk to you. If you want to work on internet scale to positively touch millions of customers' experiences then we want to talk to you!
We are part of the International Consumer Tech team with a focus on Canadian, Mexican and other Latin American customers. And we're growing! We're looking for the thought leaders and trailblazers because we're sailing to the edge of the map and into new territory. As part of our team you will be guiding a large-scale Retail-wide project and have significant impact to fundamentally influence and change the technology of how Amazon Retail expands into new countries.
This role requires working with product managers to define strategy, requirements and timelines as well as lead cross-functional development teams through design, delivery and support. This position involves regular communication with senior management on roadmaps, progress, risks and change control. Technical design skills, project management and executive presentation skills are critical. You will provide project leadership, mitigate project risks, make tradeoffs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applicationsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following qualifications and must be able to:
• Interact with Project Sponsors, Project Stakeholders and multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver complex features
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
• Plan and manage a large scale multi-year project
• Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
• Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
• Be the glue that is able to understand, plan, and manage the cross-team interdependencies for complex systems
• Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
• Build and maintain integrated project schedules that account for internal/external dependencies, differing SDLC approaches, numerous constraints, and adequately factors in some contingency for some unplanned delays while still be aggressive
• Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have Amazon's success firmly in your focus
• A solid CS foundation including at least 3+ years of experience in a software engineering role, and good knowledge of OOAD, scalability issues and multi-tiered solutions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Management and Executive