** This role can be done remotely from anywhere in Canada or the United States **
As our Principal Strategist, Insurance, you will work as the trusted expert advisor to insurance industry prospects and customers. In this segment, you will drive strategy for the insurance sector, engaging with clients and advising as the expert to ensure the success of their engagements by assisting in defining the strategy as well as providing consultative depth in operational excellence. You understand the Insurance sector inside and out as well as how a Salesforce solution can help carriers, third party administrators, MGAs, agencies and brokers provide a better, more efficient and more engaging customer experience.
Traction on Demand's hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence, and then skills. Here's what we mean by that: Culture
Culture at Traction on Demand isn't about drinking beer and playing ping-pong - it's much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community, and planet. Come join us on this journey! Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work, and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name. Our values don't just sit on a glossy page. We live by them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are - do they resonate with you?
Embrace Knowledge • Do the right thing • Seek adventures and smiles • Healthy hearts and heads • Pursue opportunity • Build community Intelligence
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand - you've got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just "git 'r done." Skills
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
What You Will Be Doing
- Minimum 15 years of experience in the insurance industry, with emphasis on business and IT system initiatives and Salesforce and their impacts on business processes or similar experience consulting to the insurance industry in a business solution design capacity.
- Degree/diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or equivalent experience
- Broad knowledge & expertise in product & service development, marketing, distribution & sales, underwriting, policy administration, claims management and asset (& investment management.
- Exposure to business and technical project life cycles as well as an understanding of best practices in how to introduce technology
- Background in project and program management, or have led led large initiatives in a senior management or executive capacity
- Deep expertise of all aspects of the software development development lifecycle SDLC and deployment best practices
- Ability to support solution sales to clients and a strong understanding of sales and servicing processes and best practices in the insurance industry
- Strong collaboration and team building skills and the ability to work with all levels and roles of an organization effectively
- Proven leadership experience including the ability to provide direction to a team and to obtain client executive alignment
- Executive-level communication skills with effective presentation skills and the ability to adapt to a wide range of audiences, specifically influencing executive-level management
- Ability to travel to clients (10-20%) when travel safely resumes
If you're interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we'll reach out to you if we are interested in moving forward.
- Strategize and drive overall growth of our Insurance practice through a combination of oversight of delivery work and thought leadership, both on the technology stack and business process.
- Provide expert-level consultation and point of view on specific technology during sales cycles with prospective and returning accounts
- Manage stakeholders' expectations and define deliverable content to ensure buy-in of proposed solutions
- Create and identify opportunities for growth and maturation of insurance sector offerings
- Provide oversight and governance of complex and high-value Insurance projects
- Lead, develop, and deliver on best practices, delivery templates, and point-of-view papers
- Identify and establish industry best practices and business levers for offerings related to Insurance
- Provide mentorship and guidance to [Market Segment] architects Actively work with team members to solve complex problems and coordinate corporate/external resources, as required.
- Influenced revenue (revenue delivered by supported clients)
- Client satisfaction, # client reference-ability
- Personal Revenue Generated (50% of time)
- Salesforce alignment
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners, and neighbours. At our core, we're about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology - salesforce.com , technology partners, and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography, and industry, and include some of the world's largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Please note, employment is contingent on the successful completion of background and reference checks.
Customer Service and Support