We are seeking a Principal Software Engineer, specializing in large scale C++ and SQL development, to join a high performing scrum team in Vancouver.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to innovate and shape the future of our flagship product - Absolute 7. You will work as part of a scrum team, participating in planning and executing sprints. You will contribute to design and architecture, research solutions, build out new features, and help to improve the overall quality of our code base.
If you are a fast learner, a team player, and consistently deliver on your commitments, you will feel right at home on this team.Responsibilities:
What You Will Need:
- Be the technical lead for new product features involving multiple teams
- Own the system design through implementation and deployment
- Design, write, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C++, C#, Java code
- Develop stored procedures, functions, and triggers in T-SQL
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications and DB
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and fix them!
- Document the investigation, root cause, solution, and design
- Write and maintain high quality unit tests and perform code reviews
- Follow the Absolute Secure Agile SDLC, and the Definition of Done
Why Work For Us:
- Minimum B.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- At least 15 years of software development experience in a professional capacity
- Proficient in at one or more of C++, C#, Java, on Windows, Mac, or Linux
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Experience with multithreaded programming, including thread safety, communication, and optimization
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and common design patterns
- Understanding of large-scale RDBMS design and performance issues
- Ability to clearly communicate with both technical and non-technical team members
- Experience working with NoSQL solutions like MongoDB
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and development/deployment tools like Git, Jenkins, and Ansible
- Experience with secure communication and encryption standards - TLS, PKI, FIPS 140-2
- Experience with cloud computing, AWS, Azure, Load Balancers, Proxies, Service Mesh
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny -IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system - embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey - to become the World's Most Trusted Security Company. Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it's our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people's devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world-class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers' data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few. Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees - fueling our employee's creative expression, and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable - Forbes noticed too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020.
The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our 'Take What You Need' vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it's all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com
or visit our YouTube channel
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.
Software and Programming Information Technology