Work hard, have fun, and make history at AWS! Amazon has been rated one of the most admired companies globally, both for Innovation and Customer Service. At AWS Payments, you will be on the forefront of driving payment innovation for our AWS Customers.
AWS Payments is the platform responsible for providing payment capabilities to AWS customers that adapt to the diverse type of needs our customers have: from the university student paying with their parents credit cards to the big enterprise who want payment flexibility, grouping and automation. Our platform covers: scheduling payments, scheduling retries, launching new payment methods, support for partial payments and payment plans, non-payment suspension, cash application & balance tracking, among others.
We are looking for passionate, world-class technologists who want to help impact the business by influencing overall technical vision / strategy of our platform. To help us scale to the fast-growing number of customers and invoices we need to process and also help us achieve our externalization vision. Our Principal Engineers enjoy solving the biggest, most challenging technical problems, and are equally comfortable driving architectural innovation and getting into the code. Principal Engineers provide technical leadership across AWS. They help establish technical standards and drive Amazon's overall technical architecture, engineering practices, and engineering methodologies. They work on our hardest problems, building high quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business needs. They think globally when building systems, ensuring AWS builds high performing, scalable systems that fit well together. Principal Engineers are pragmatic visionaries who can translate business needs into workable technology solutions. Their expertise is deep and broad. They are hands on, producing both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs.
Work hard, have fun, and make history at AWS Payments!
In this role, you will take on development and design challenges. You will be empowered to think big, invent on behalf of our customers, make judgment calls and find elegant solutions to hard problems. You will design, own deliverables end-to-end, and influence technical decisions across the organization. You will be setting the vision and helping teams to execute it. If you're excited by cloud computing and machine learning, designing highly scalable, fault tolerant systems, and want to be challenged by the toughest computer science problems, then join us to build the next generation systems.
As a Principal Engineer you will:
• Collaborate in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale systems and services in support of our commerce operations and the businesses they support.
• Help define our secure, scalable, distributed and event-driven systems.
• Work with extraordinary teams delivering demanding projects.
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
• Understand system interdependencies and limitations.
• Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture, and engineering patterns and methods.
Come join us if you are passionate about building products and teams with an "AWS scale" business impact!
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / AgeBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 12+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience
• Proven track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality systems
• Experience working on complex software development projects with significant bottom-line impact
• Technical leadership and credibility to guide a team of world class software engineers
• A passion for mentoring people and developing great talent
• Able to achieve results in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Able to balance technical leadership with sound business judgment
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in at least two or three major technical areas; e.g. large scale systems engineering, complex distributed systems, monitoring or management tools for large-scale environments, etc.
• 2+ years of hands-on experience as a Principal-level software engineer or comparable.
• Experience building with native AWS/Cloud services
• Experience leading development life cycle process and best practices
• Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• Experience of working with or directly managing diverse and globally distributed software development teams
• Experience building/ maintaining Payments Platforms
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming