April 23, 2021
Reporting to the Technical Director Reserve Evaluations, the Principal Resource Modeler is responsible for supporting geologic modelling, grade estimation and geostatistical aspects of project evaluation and development. As required, the Principal Resource Modeler will participate in internal resource audits of mine operations and other activities related to Teck Governance and best practices on mineral resources, provide technical assistance to mine staff and get involved in the preparation of geological and resource models where the application of advanced geostatistical techniques may be required. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures.
- Act as peer-reviewer and approve supporting information/data for resource models, including data validation, QA/QC, geological interpretations and models
- Plan and supervise or execute a resource estimation project in its entirety per Teck's standards and guidelines
- Evaluate and implement advanced geostatistical analysis on Teck's resource models
- Undertake mineral resource risk analysis studies on various projects, including due diligence reviews as required
- Interact with other Teck departments and technical disciplines in the preparation of Engineering studies
- Provides technical support in resource estimation to mine operations and internally to the Reserve Evaluation team as required
- Undertake annual reserve and resource audits at selected operations as required
- Maintain an understanding of applicable regulatory requirements, including NI 43-101 and the CIM Standards and Best Practice Guidelines
- Stay abreast of new technologies and their potential application and impact on the company
- Bachelor degree in Applied Sciences, Mine Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years experience in geology and/or resource estimation-related work
- Proven experience in porphyry-type deposits
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Spanish language skills are considered an important asset
- Advanced knowledge and experience with modeling and estimation software packages such as Vulcan, GEMS or MineSight; experience with Leapfrog software desired
- Experience working in different environments, locations, and roles.
- Practical field experience with different deposit types and commodities in mine sites and/or field exploration projects
- A member of a recognized professional organization like Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia (EGBC)
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 percent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.
#LI-FR1 Job Segment:
Engineer, Law, Geology, Sustainability, Engineering, Legal, Mining, Energy