Amazon EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) is looking for a dynamic and seasoned product leader to help define and build the future of cloud computing. Customers around the world rely on Amazon EC2 to provide elastic, high performance, secure, and cost effective resources to scale their infrastructure to keep up with their changing business needs. Within the AWS Private Pricing team, you will help build our worldwide pricing strategy as well as pricing models designed to accelerate cloud adoption and simplify migrations; and the tooling we require to improve the customer experience. As a member of the broader EC2 Product Management team, you'll join other respected product and engineering leaders to create the future of the computing platform.
You will be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Define high-quality roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
• Develop detailed, crisp business narratives and user stories that can be used to create pricing strategies, product specifications and new features
• Work closely with sales teams, solution architects, business development and engineering teams to solve complex product and pricing issues
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience, performance and operational support load
• Develop high quality reporting for executive leadership
Candidates who are a fit for the job will:
• Have a passion for developer-focused products, and defining pricing and product solutions working across a wide range of customers and other internal and external stakeholders
• Can think big, are able to break down the big picture, and deliver on goals that will get us there
• Have an instinctive understanding of a good product, and can raise the bar on customer-focused thinking end to end among team members with reasoned, data-driven analysis
• Can dive into technical details and ask engineers insightful questions about the services and dependencies you influence
Mentorship & Career Growth: Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS in Computer Science or a related engineering field
• 10+ years of software product management experience
• Have experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment where priorities shift fast.
• Have the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
• Be a strong leader who can prioritize well, and who understands how to drive focus and excellence within a strong, talented, team.
• Have a strong track record of achieving the balance between innovation and strong customer and quality focus
• Able to work in a diverse teamPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Masters in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics and/or MBA
• Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with data center technologies, virtualization and public cloud
• Demonstrated success in delivering high quality technology products/services in a scale up environment where priorities can shift rapidly
• Experience in driving a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, team
• Experience driving a technical global product and team with end to end inbound and outbound product responsibilities
• Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Software and Programming Management and Executive