Amazon's Compensation Technology organization creates products and experiences for people throughout their career at Amazon - from seasoned industry veterans looking for their next adventure and new junior talent looking to make their mark on the world to associates managing their schedules and paychecks at the beating heart of Amazon's Fulfillment Center network. Our customers are every single Amazon employee, plus those looking to join us-including you!
A day in the life
This role will own defining how employees, managers, executives, recruiters and HR interact with compensation at scale and across the globe and building the products to help execute on the vision. This role is critical to ensuring the success of strategic projects supporting a rapidly growing and ever-evolving employee workforce. In this role, you will need to manage cross-functional communication, identify & mitigate risks to efficient delivery, decompose ambiguous problems into straightforward solutions, prioritize competing opportunities, and drive understanding for engineering teams as well as executives and stakeholders.
About the hiring group
ACT's north star is, "We enable Amazon to realize the goal of compensation: attracting, motivating and retaining talent. We do this by providing the products and services necessary for calculating and managing every compensation change activity in the lifecycle of all global Amazon employees. We give all users a clear and consistent understanding of how compensation was calculated, how and when it can be adjusted, and the impacts of compensation adjustments. We provide the reporting, data, and insights that enables continuous evolution of compensation programs and policies."
The ideal Principal Product Manager for ACT, will:
• Have a strong ability to manage competing priorities and maintain the delivery of high quality customer service to employees and HR partners
• Be capable of facilitating the best decisions for employees and the company in an environment of ambiguity and rapid change
• Challenge commonly-held assumptions and reimagine the status-quo.
• Thrive on the day-to-day collaboration with engineers and other product managers, reaching across team boundaries to make the right things happen
• Make high-judgement decisions independently in ambiguous situations; and translate data into digestible business intelligence and actionable insights
• Have a strong ownership bias and an infectious desire to continually improve how things are doneBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 8+ years of work experience in Product Development or Technology organizations
• 5+ years of Product Management experience with direct ownership of roadmap and milestone planning
• Experience working with and influencing senior level stakeholders
• Demonstrated skills in developing product roadmaps & capturing business requirements, launching projects, and conducting customer research
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple high-complexity projects
• Experience working directly with Engineers on product enhancements
• Must show evidence of using data to inform decisions
• Must have a demonstrable track record of delivering results
• Strong verbal communication and presentation skills; sufficient poise to successfully interact with all levels of an organization, cross-functional partners, and customers
• Passion for technology, curiosity to dive deep into Amazon's suite of technical products and commitment to learning and expanding technical knowledge
• BA/BS education or equivalentPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Quantitative background with proven ability to synthesize and make sense out of huge amounts of data
• Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems independently with an extreme attention to detail
• Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define the right business strategy and develop the product roadmap to deliver it
• Experience in the domain of compensation
• Demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders without formal authority, leading cross functional teams across geographies and business units
• Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features
• MBA or relevant graduate degree
Management and Executive