Are you interested in building hyper-scale database services in the cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage vast volumes of data in the cloud? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on hundreds of thousands of users who use AWS database services?
Amazon RDS offers the broadest choice of fully managed highly available relational databases in the cloud, with support for Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MariaDB, and PostgreSQL. Amazon RDS makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale a relational database in the cloud. It provides cost-efficient and resizable capacity while automating time-consuming administration tasks such as hardware provisioning, database setup, patching, and backups. It frees customers to focus on their applications and gives them the fast performance, high availability, security, and compatibility they need.
Joining the Amazon RDS team gives you the opportunity to:
• Solve challenging problems to further revolutionize database computing in the cloud
• Engage with the open-source database community
• Work for a company that's a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
• Have direct impact on hundreds of thousands of users of AWS database services
• Be involved in the fast growing big data space - learn from the experts
In this position, you will play a pivotal role defining product requirements, setting the go-to-market strategy, and tirelessly championing the needs of our customers. Given the breadth of the service we are building, this role will require coordination across many internal and external teams and will be visible at the highest levels of the company. You'll work with our customers, partners, software vendors, and operational stakeholders to prioritize roadmap features, and spearhead the definition of new capabilities through expertly crafted business requirements documents.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects that will be industry defining. This position requires a solid technical background, and the candidate should be customer-focused with a passion for the cloud and information technology. Past experience in the database area is a plus, but not required.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Creating a product strategy that appeals to the unique needs and requirements of database customers
• Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution
• Launching the vision, product strategy and roadmap for our products and working with key stakeholders in the company to deliver on that vision, e.g. sales, partner team, international site leaders, etc.
• Defining product requirements documents based on an intimate knowledge of the specific market segments, target customers, and product
• Defining go-to-market plan and driving enablement, working to insure that sales, SAs, Pro Serve, and the partner teams have what they need to be successful
• Driving sales by enabling business development and sales teams, leading calls with key customers, creating tools to support the success, helping to identify opportunities to increase that success
• Establishing goals and reviewing metrics to identify opportunities and deliver success
• Identify new opportunities for AWS to innovate on behalf of our customersBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 10+ years in product management or product marketing is required
• Bachelor degree in a related field is requiredPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred
• Previous experience managing Software-as-a-Service technology products and managed services.
• Understanding of the Enterprise services space, particularly database and analytics.
• Experience with building products and services for partners, resellers, managed services providers, and consulting companies
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
• Ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements
• Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
• Ability to meet tight deadlines while building creative solutions.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Management and Executive