It's no secret that Amazon relies on its technology to deliver millions of packages every day to its customers - on time, with low cost. The Middle Mile Technology organization, builds complex software solutions that work across our vendors, warehouses and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting the packages delivered. Our services already handle thousands of requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers, owner operators and drivers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve ordering and delivery experience for millions of online shoppers. That said, this remains a fast growing business and our technical journey has only started. With rapid expansion into new geographies, innovations in supply chain, unique delivery models for products ranging from AmazonFresh groceries, ultra-fast Prime Now deliveries to big-screen TV's, increasingly complex network, and growing number of shipments worldwide, we see a brand new opportunity to fundamentally change the way people get the stuff they need, and make a big impact by cutting billions of dollars of costs from the ecosystem. Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal solution on the planet, using our technology and engineering muscle as our biggest advantage. We aim to leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, machine learning, and techniques, and operate high volume, low latency, and high availability services. Oh, and we will need great leaders too (this is where you come in … read on) As part of this team you would work on technology product management for an exciting initiative in middle mile organization. You will regularly interact with executive leadership and work with business teams to product , develop the product development road map, technology architecture and execution. You'll work in a fast paced environment and will be required to lead not only at the strategic level, but also tactically day-to-day by diving deeply into business and technical domains.
To accomplish this, you will be expected to have an established background in technology product development, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals. Experience with building and operating mobile applications, web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale, will be very applicable and helpful. Prior experience in leading multiple disciplines will be a big plus as well.
Come and see for yourself why we are one of the most admired company in the US, rated #1 in Innovation and # 1 in Customer Service, and be part of our tradition of working hard, having fun and making history! At Amazon, we hire hands-on managers at all levels. The leader must be able to dive deep into the details on business, operations and engineering. We need technical, detail-oriented leaders who can build and grow organizations.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or the equivalent required
• 10+ years of professional experience with 3+ years of product management experience
• Demonstrated people and organizational management skills
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven record of innovation and thought leadershipPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MBA or Master's degree
• Proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• Strong verbal and written communication skills - experience managing teams and engaging with senior leadership