Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Principal Product Manager to be part of the Vancouver-based AWS Serverless Applications service team. Serverless is changing the way that companies big and small think about building applications in the cloud. Lambda allows customers to run business logic and application code as scalable, fault-tolerant production systems without requiring every developer to become an expert in distributed systems, server deployment technologies, and infrastructure management. Love the idea of creating the future of application development workflows for the next million developers? Does offering disruptive agility, cost efficiency, and elasticity gains excite you? If you're excited by cloud computing, want to help lead from the innovative edge, and have a deep mastery of application development workflows, then join us in making AWS Serverless technologies the most successful cloud development solution on the planet!
As the owner of AWS's Serverless developer workflows, you will be responsible for making the serverless portfolio the easiest platform to develop on. As a Principal product manager, you will be a critical part of the AWS PM organization that owns the business model and P&L, feature development and prioritization of the product roadmap, customer segmentation and pricing, and demand generation for impactful new products. You will work across AWS engineering teams, business development, and marketing leads to set strategy, define the product, and make the difficult, high-judgment trade-offs between features and time-to-market. You will partner with the design and technology leaders of the organization to ensure the developer experience, programming model, scalability and reliability promises, and cost efficiency delight our customers. As one of the team leaders, you will play a key role in hiring additional team members the team, and help set the vision, values, and culture of this business. Further responsibilities include:
• Author documents relating to product life cycle including product roadmap, business requirements and functional specifications.
• Drive product development across teams (primarily Engineering, Operations, Product Management, Business Development, and Marketing) through business requirements, design, implementation, and deployment.
• Work collaboratively with Engineering as an advocate for the needs of our customers
• Evaluate industry innovations and technology platforms and identify partnership and collaboration opportunities
What does it take to succeed in this role? Excited by the scale at which we work and the incredible opportunity serverless technologies represent. Passionate about simplifying complex technology into delightful developer and operator experiences. Obsessed with delivering quickly and collaboratively. Someone who possesses a strategic understanding of business objectives and be creative enough to help define what we build, with demonstrated experience leading developer facing product efforts. Someone with exceptional communication skills to manage the large degree of external interaction with customers and partners the role needs.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field (computer science or engineering degrees). Master's degree preferred.
• 10+ years of demonstrated full-lifecycle ownership of product development, with cross team and cross discipline execution, either directly or as an organizational leader.
• 3+ years experience delivering developer facing application development or operations platformsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in successfully bringing new developer facing products and services to market
• Demonstrated ability to work and deliver across team and cross discipline across business development, account management, operations, and engineering teams.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on communicating technical requirements and solutions to internal and external audiences.
• Knowledge of latest trends and best practices in cloud based application development
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation