Work hard, have fun, and make history at Amazon Web Services (AWS).
The Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) team in Vancouver is searching for an innovative, passionate, and customer-focused Product Manager (PM-T) with a technical background and track record of delivery. We are looking for a self-starter PM-T, who can help us shape the vision and strategy of Amazon SNS, serving hundreds of thousands of customers around the globe.
You possess an established Product Management (PM) track record, demonstrated experience launching mission-critical systems, and a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. You will be responsible for defining the vision, strategy, and roadmap for Amazon SNS. Your deliverables will guide our customers in building fault-tolerant, scalable applications using AWS Messaging products.
Amazon SNS is a fully managed messaging service for both application-to-application (A2A) and application-to-person (A2P) communication. The A2A pub/sub functionality provides topics for high-throughput, push-based, many-to-many messaging between distributed systems, microservices, and event-driven serverless applications. Using Amazon SNS topics, our customers' publisher systems can fanout messages to a large number of subscriber systems, including Amazon SQS queues, AWS Lambda functions, Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose streams, and HTTPS endpoints, for parallel processing. The A2P functionality enables our customers to send messages to users at scale via SMS, mobile push, and email.
The Amazon SNS team is a diverse, inclusive, and friendly AWS service team, out of beautiful Vancouver - BC. Our team is composed of product managers, software development managers, engineers, and designers. We build scalable messaging services, as part of the AWS Messaging and AWS Serverless organizations.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 8+ years of work experience in Product Development or Technology organizations.
• 5+ years of Product Management experience with direct ownership of roadmap and milestone planning.
• Experience working with and influencing senior level stakeholders.
• Demonstrated skills in developing product roadmaps & capturing business requirements, launching projects, and conducting customer research.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple high-complexity projects.
• Experience working directly with engineers on product enhancements.
• Passion for technology, curiosity to dive deep into Amazon's suite of technical products and commitment to learning and expanding technical knowledge
• BSc/MSc education or equivalent.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Proven ability to synthesize and make sense out of large amounts of data.
• Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems independently, with attention to detail.
• Proven ability to define the right business strategy and develop the product roadmap to deliver it.
• Experience in the domain of enterprise application integration.
• Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders without formal authority, leading cross functional teams, across geographies and business units.
• Strong customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features.
• MBA or relevant graduate degree.
Management and Executive