Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Principal HR Business Partner to drive the development and implementation of HR strategy in support of our Databases organization and to be the AWS HR Leader for our Canada based teams.
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Since early 2006, AWS has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, customers can requisition compute power, storage, and other services-gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as their business demands them. To learn more about AWS, visit https://aws.amazon.com.
About the Role:
A Principal HR Business partner in this role is both a strategic and hands-on leader that provides full cycle Human Resources support for our Databases organization and HR direction for our for AWS Canada based teams. Based in Vancouver, Canada, this role will be a part of a fun, passionate and dynamic HR and business team. In this role you will help us execute on our HR mission to: Enable Growth, Develop Large Leaders, Cultivate Culture, and Operate Optimally. You will collaborate with HR teams across Amazon, influence the Databases organizational strategy and structure, and create a meaningful team culture that enables our builders to bring their best selves every day. You will think strategically, use data to guide your work, you will play a critical role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive organization through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
• Function as a business partner to key AWS leaders and their respective organizations; engage in strategic planning meetings to translate business needs into HR plans, and coach and mentor at leadership at all level in the organization
• Lead the annual HR efforts relating to Talent and Performance Management, Compensation Management, Succession Planning, and Leadership Development for respective client groups
• Drive operational excellence and efficiency in HR processes to enable the organization to hire and develop talent at scale and consistently to Amazon principles
• Partner with other HR Leaders based in Canada, to ensure top notch HR practices and to enable continues business growth
• Partner with other HRBPs in AWS and Databases globally, COEs and SMEs as appropriate to support these businesses and subsidiary businesses
• Take a true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
• Initiate and facilitate change management within a rapid and complex changing work environment
• Assess business unit's HR training needs and conduct 1:1 and group training sessions as
Critical Skills and Abilities:BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors Degree required in Human Resources Management or related field (or equivalent).
• Candidate should have at least 8 years of experience in progressive HR roles with broad knowledge and experience in human resources practices , including employee relations, talent development, performance management and compensation.
• 2-3 years HR experience in a fast pace, high tech environment.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's Degree in Human Resources Management or related field is preferred.
• Able to travel domestically and globally, as needed.
• 5-6 years HR experience in a high tech environment.
• Experience in the development and administration of HR compensation plans.
• Experience assessing management and executive talent
• Experience leading HR practices for a specific location
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.