Fortinet is currently seeking an experienced embedded software Developer for development of our next generation security solution impacting multiple products of the Fortinet Security Fabric with focus on FortiGate. FortiGate is our award winning flagship product, which consolidates security platforms while delivering unmatched performance and protection. The ideal candidate needs to have sound knowledge of system's development using C/C++, hands-on experience working in Linux/Unix environment and working knowledge of networking and application protocols (HTTP/S, TCP/IP). This is a great opportunity to grow as core member of the team responsible for driving the development of the next generation of Fortinet products.Job Responsibilities:
Job Skills Required:
- Develop, design, and test the software for Fortinet products
- Maintain, evaluate, tune, and support the implementation of software and firmware products
- Hands-on bug fixes for the current Fortinet products
- Implement new features according to the new feature specifications and TOP3
- Research, investigate, and define new areas of technology to enhance existing FortiGate products or new product directions; re-evaluate the design and implementation of current source code
- Maintain and document code using source control system
- Instrumental in product road map realization
- 10+ years of experience in software development within Unix/Linux environment
- Stronghold of C and data structures required * Strong knowledge or experience with network, e.g. IP, TCP, DHCP, WCCP, DNS, routing protocols, etc.
- Sound knowledge of network concepts and architecture, e.g., IP, TCP, DHCP, WCCP, DNS, routing protocols, etc.
- Capable of switching focus in various situations and applying themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or similar degree
Software and Programming Information Technology