Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Are you looking to highlight your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment? We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your excellent work ethic to our Maintenance department.
Positions at this level operate and maintain a power plant that has a heating surface of 500 m2 or less or any low pressure steam plant by operating, repairing and carrying out preventative maintenance on the boilers, air conditioning units, emergency power and other related equipment of the facility. Performs mechanical maintenance, repairs and replacement duties related to the physical plant, buildings and equipment approaching various journeyman trades qualifications. Supervise other maintenance workers and designated staff as required. Manages contractors and projects as required.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
06:00 to 15:30, 10:00 to 19:30, 08:00 to 17:30 (rotating) Kitimat General Hospital
is a 19 acute bed hospital with a full range of services. Some services provided are emergency, laboratory, diagnostic imaging, outpatient chemotherapy clinic, physiotherapy, diabetes, and chronic disease management. Regular rotation of visiting specialists in internal medicine, urology, otorhinolaryngology (ENT), dermatology, neurology, ophthalmology, and radiology. Kitimat
has a population of 8,131 (2020) local residents. Kitimat offers excellent fishing, endless trails, and backcountry. People come to Kitimat to enjoy more of the things you love. Check out Kitimat where there is always something new to experience.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.Qualfications
• Certificate of competency as a 4th Class Power Engineer.
• Grade 10 plus (4) years' recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Valid driver's license.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications.
• Ability to organize work and prioritize work assignments.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to operate related equipment.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.