April 30, 2021
Want to make a difference? We are embarking on a technological journey that will change mining forever! Join a fast paced, high energy, and dynamic team that is modernizing mining for the future.
Reporting to the Platform Lead, RBS Enterprise Applications, the Platform Solution Architect is accountable for delivering architectural solutions for the specific RBS (Maximo) platform. You will enable the Platform Team to create scalable solutions that considers future architectural changes and design elements to support the RBS Value Streams/Products.
We are looking for a top performing teammate that can effectively communicate and work across many teams and develop effective relationships with partners at all levels of the Organization to deliver the highest possible business value! Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Responsible for application/technical architecture and design standards; promoting best practice across the RBS Platform
- Lead Business/Functional Analysts and Developers to deliver fit-for-purpose solutions that meet or exceed our Business Partners expectations
- Lead requirement gathering to ensure the end-to-end business process is covered
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of the development standards and processes
- Ensure architectural principles and development standards are being followed
- Ensure the design and projects meet stringent security standards and requirements
- Lead and conduct design and code reviews as applicable
- Provide impact analysis of changes to the platform, guides team on technology strategy
- Work with Vendors and Professional Services to analyze, design and implement solutions for vendor products
- Co-author actionable disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Provide a framework that focuses on innovation
- Operate in a fast-paced evolving environment
- Passionate about technology, a love of learning new things and helping customers succeed
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or other related fields
- Minimum 8 years of proven experience or 5 years with an advanced degree
- Expertise in Cloud Platform Architecture
- You will be able to convey complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with integrated business systems
- Proven leadership skills
- Passionate individual who inspires teammates and is excited to try new solutions/ideas
- Proven ability to work optimally both independently and in a team-based environment
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#LI-POSTED Job Segment:
Solution Architect, Architecture, Social Media, Developer, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Marketing