Finning International Inc. Number of Openings:
At Finning Digital, we are building next generation data platform and digital solutions for our customers and internal stakeholders. For our customer base in Canada, South America, and the UK, we are building highly data-dependent services like https://cubiq.com or our Condition Monitoring Platform. We use the latest big data processing strategies, cloud technologies and architecture patterns. We work in a fast-paced Agile environment.
We are looking for a highly experienced, self-motivated, end-customer focused and very technical Platform Lead who can lead the overall platform design and development activities, define and implement process improvements, manage and mentor technical leads and developers. You bring a positive can-do attitude and work very well with a large variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders.Job Description:Major Job Functions:
- Create and lead activities and teams to produce advanced technical and process road maps and translate them into actionable results while educating and providing clarity to other stakeholders. (25%)
- Develop in-depth knowledge in the business vertical(s) and act as a liaison between our technology offerings and various internal and external stakeholders. (20%)
- Work with stakeholders to develop consensus, gather and distill requirements from customers and partners, working with Product Managers to create future product visions and roadmaps. (15%)
- Lead the evaluation of potential new opportunities, technologies, working with Product Management to focus on value creation and new products across a performance solutions platform. (25%)
- Create an environment of innovation which rewards experimentation: a fail fast, learn fast culture. (15%)
- Broad knowledge across all areas of Software Development and Cloud Infrastructure Technology Architecture domain including:
- Cloud Computing (IaaS, PaaS, AWS, Azure etc.)
- Data Center
- Data Storage Technologies
- Server platforms (Unix/Linux, Windows, AS400)
- Mobility solutions
- Systems monitoring/management
- Data protection
- High availability/clustering
- Network (WAN/LAN/WLAN etc.)
- Security (Firewall, IDS/IPS, VPN etc.)
- Large scale Internet of Things (IOT) solutions
- Lead (virtual) teams in creation and alignment of system architecture and development priorities
- Own the technical architecture relationship with Caterpillar and Trimble on IOT and Performance Solutions applications with the highly persistent goal of solving our customers' business needs with our current and future product suite and customized solutions.
- Take ownership of Performance Solutions POCs (Proof of Concept) for new projects or solutions.
- Own the development of the end to end Solution Architecture and Design and related deliverables, completeness of solution designs as well as quality factors.
- Be the point person for all customer engagement, participate in the analysis of customer business processes to identify optimal product mixes.
- Ability to speak with and listen to customers and internal teams to explore new technology enabled solutions to solve real customer problems
- Expert persuasion skills and can captivate a room when delivering presentations and product demonstrations
- You also master architecture development and lifecycle processes.
- Mastering the large (multiple geographies) and complex (heterogeneous technologies) portfolio of products and technologies including architecture vision, business architecture, technology architecture, solution architecture, migration planning and custom integrations.
Nice-to-have Skills (Not Mandatory)
- At least 10 years experience in Software Engineering in technical leadership roles
- Significant hands-on experience in scalable and reliable big data solutions based on cloud technologies such as data ingestion (ETLs, SSIS) and storage solutions
- Practical experience architecting, developing, and operating scalable and reliable data-heavy web applications based on modern architecture patterns and technologies like Kubernetes, Microservices, Serverless, REST/GraphQL, CI/CD
- Ability to analyze and reverse-engineer existing implementations to define the most practical solutions going forward
- Highly competent in documenting and communicating solutions, policies and procedures
- Good understanding of security, data privacy, scalability, reliability, performance, testability, maintainability and operability in cloud-based platforms
- End-customer focused and a significant experience building commercial SaaS solutions
- A positive can-do attitude and desire to work closely with a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders in a collaborative environment
- Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent proven work experience
- Good negotiation skills and an ability to drive for positive outcomes and results
What we offer
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience of Azure
- Experience in integration and data exchange patterns with other systems like ERPs (SAP) or 3rd party SaaS services (SalesForce)
- Experience with BI Analytics tools (PowerBI)
- Hands-on programming experience using SOLID principles with modern programming languages and frameworks like Spark/PySpark, TSQL, C#/.NET Core, TypeScript/Angular
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum, SAFe, Kanban)
- Experience with large-scale IoT systems in a commercial setting
- Experience with Machine Learning and Simulation initiatives
- An opportunity to have a major impact on how up to dozen development, support, and DevOps teams operate
- You get to work with cutting edge big data and other cloud technologies
- Continuous learning and growth opportunities
- Fast-paced agile development environment
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Company supported pension and stock purchase plans
- Extensive health, medical, dental and disability benefits
- Comprehensive employee assistance program and perks
- Flexible choices to work from home or from the office
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Customer Service and Support Information Technology