Requisition ID: 148789
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about our Digital Banking career opportunities, explore our Communities of Practice, or hear from our leaders, check out our Technology at Scotia career page.
We are looking for an experienced Platform/Software Engineer to join our Customer Security Services team to help us design, develop, deploy, and support one of the largest, cutting-edge Identity and Access Management (IAM) services in Canada. The ideal candidate is passionate about designing and developing complex, highly reliable and scalable enterprise systems. They have a keen interest in authentication and security with a strong developer-focused mindset and thrive in a fast-moving environment. As a senior member of this highly talented and interactive team, you will not only get the opportunity to grow and learn from experts in security and IAM domains but also to mentor growing developers to enhance your leadership skills. Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role.
- Participate in all aspects of a SDLC (Requirements, Analysis, Design, Code, Test, Implementation and Production handover)
- Develop software following sound software engineering principles in an agile (Scrum) process and lead design sessions and code / design reviews
- Support enterprise-wide services including authentication, provisioning, federation, and directory platforms
- Work collectively within a dynamic team to actively participate and lead configurations and support of IAM solution deployment in accordance with designs
- Production support and handling escalation during the day as well as off-hours.
- Interface with Scotiabank infrastructure teams to maintain and support infrastructure and services under management
- Lead root cause analysis to in-scope systems, identify improvements, and drive to implementation
- Develop operational plans, processes, and procedures to improve service delivery and resiliency
- Lead by example and mentor growing developers in the team.
- 7+ years of experience in developing and supporting large, complex, highly available enterprise systems
- 3+ years of hands-on experience developing and supporting authentication and authorization platforms (preferable on Auth0 IAM domain) with technologies like Node.js and React.js
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with customer facing applications deployed as containers on public clouds such as Microsoft Azure
- Proficiency with Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines (e.g., Jira, Jenkins, Gradle, Bitbucket, Artifactory etc.)
- Excellent understanding of micro-service design patterns.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to collaborate with and lead teams toward resolution.
- Sound DBMS knowledge (e.g., Oracle) and understanding of network topologies and common network protocols and services (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, etc.
What's in it for you?
- Experience with cloud and container technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes & GCP) as we aim to build self-serve products on a cloud platform
- Solid experience working on infrastructure centric platforms and advanced working knowledge of the server and network configurations both for deployment and at run-time
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact. As part of Scotia Digital, you will have an opportunity to be part of a group of talented people changing how the bank develops applications, consumes services, and manages our IT infrastructure.
- Opportunities to do challenging work in a mission critical system to the bank. This is not your typical software development. Our Customer Authentication and Access Management System (CAMS) team builds the next generation IAM services like biometrics authentication, Push Notification etc.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.Job Segment:
Test Engineer, Software Engineer, Cloud, Front End, Testing, Engineering, Technology
Software and Programming Engineering