Here at Plenty of Fish, we are growing at a rapid pace and love utilizing the latest and greatest technology. Working for POF means your work matters. We love cool tech and do not discriminate. As a Platform Developer, you will be building best tools for our teams and implement them at a lightning fast pace. We’re currently shifting from .NET to .NET core as we into more open source. Additionally, you will help with redesigning our core applications into modern microservices. The services, tools and library’s you build and support will be utilized with millions of requests a day, so scale and availability are really important to us.
Today, we are looking for a Developer to join our Platform team. This is a great opportunity to work with a diverse and experienced team. If you're a talented .NET developer with a full stack polyglot mindset who loves working with talented and passionate peers, then this role is for you. So, what will you do?
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- Design and implement solutions to highly complex problems.
- Contribute to the development of our Continuous Integration and Deployment system.
- Debug complex .NET applications.
- Analyze memory dumps from production systems to diagnose and resolve performance issues.
- Build high-performance, mission-critical applications. We're small enough that you can make a real impact on what we develop.
- Understand current web technologies and application structure from end-to-end.
- Provide analysis, recommendations, and solutions to improve performance, security, and scalability of software and services.
- Share! We have a highly collaborative environment and we want you to share your expertise and help facilitate constant learning.
- Several years of experience as a web application developer using .NET and .NET Core with C#.
- You have a good understanding of service-oriented architecture or micro-service architecture
- You have experience with secure and high volume, large-scale environments
- You have Database experience, MSSQL preferred
- You have a desire to eliminate repetitive tasks through automation and have decent scripting skills
- You are security aware and understand that protecting confidential data is paramount.
- You can read and effectively debug code that doesn’t adhere to best practices but you would never write it
- You stay abreast of changes in the field and try out new technologies
- You have experience with payment processing systems or have interfaced with stores like iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- You test your own code and are comfortable working with limited QA support.
- You have experience with Cloud technologies, like AWS or Azure
At Plenty of Fish, the foundation of our success has always been our people, and their dedication to making connections and conversations happen for our users.
Since 2003, we’ve been growing a team of passionate, driven individuals to build and enhance our platform that’s used by millions of people all over the world, every single day.
We’ve gotten to where we are by cultivating a high-performance culture, operating responsibly, and investing in our technology and our people. At Plenty of Fish, we embrace our work, and relish a cause for celebration.
Posted: November 13, 2018
Closes: January 12, 2019