Posting End Date: Number of Opening:
The Azure Platform Administrator will be part of the Global Infrastructure Team focused on building and maintaining the overall platform and infrastructure for the Global Digital Services division at Finning.
The focus of this role is the successful implementation and management of our cloud initiatives that support efficient, robust, scalable, and secure solutions to meet business requirements and technology strategies. This includes collaborating on the planning, design, and production implementation.
This role will report directly to Global Virtual Compute Manager with dotted line to Digital Ops Lead. Job Description: Major Job Functions:
Technology Management and Service Delivery (50%)
a) Service Level Management:
- Define, implement and maintain platform configurations to ensure solutions will be supported.
- Monitor platform release cycles and industry best practices to define, implement, and administer secure cloud deployments.
- Lead development and maintenance of service catalogs related to all services within Cloud and/or virtual services for Global Digital Services.
- Forecast demand, develop, and maintain service level agreements with Global Digital Services, manage service levels to support business outcomes.
- Efficiently execute all task required to deliver desired service levels and business outcomes.
- Develop and manage services level of the services within the service catalog.
- Responsible for service quality and availability.
- Responsible for DR services for the Cloud and Virtual solutions.
- Participate in vendor management and issue resolution support with cloud services providers.
b) Service Engineering:
- Participate in technology architecture and operations to support service objectives.
- Create a set of standard cloud or virtual services processes.
- Minimize operational issues and business disruptions.
- Design and deploy solutions that measure service performance and outcomes.
- Work as part of the cross-functional digital operations team in consulting with the business to design and develop cloud solutions to meet business requirements and future development.
c) Technology Roadmap
- Participate in the technology investments, refresh plans, and retirement timelines based on key business trends and services consumption patterns.
- Work with Infrastructure and Enterprise Architecture to define the Cloud services technology stack and roadmap.
Service Management (30%)
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards to report on the performance and adoption of platform solutions deployed.
- Drive efficiency and continuous services improvement: identify and develop opportunities to improve Cloud services, effective utilization, and cost optimization
- Reporting and Analysis: measure and communicate key performance metrics for Cloud Services and analyze data to discover opportunities for service improvement.
Relationship Management (20%)
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
- Work closely with the Digital Ops Leads and other team members from the Digital & IT teams to ensure that data and code quality and governance, and the internal technology team to provide critical service support for platform solutions.
- Communication and Change Management: effectively communicate changes and impacts to both Global Digital Services and Global team.
- Understand and anticipate the needs and requirements of Cloud Services consumers to ensure that service contribute to business outcomes.
- Help to determine if it needs to budget for future IT enhancements.
Education & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience and expertise of managing and running Cloud based platform services like Azure and AWS
- Ability to work in a fast paced and matrix organization
- Excellent analytical, facilitation, influencing, negotiation, and problem-resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to interact with business stakeholders, triage work priorities, manage expectations, provide updates
- Nimble within an organization where demands and priorities regularly evolve
- Collaborating and sharing knowledge within a team environment
- Create reports, workflows, and diagrams to support team collaboration
- Strong understanding of DevOps concepts and Cloud utilization optimization approaches
- Extensive platform and cloud architecture knowledge
- Expert knowledge of software development life cycle and project management life cycles
- Ability to define configurations, objects, workflow rules and other features required to implement a business requirement
- Strong knowledge of user management principles
- Broad knowledge across all areas of the Infrastructure Technology domains including Cloud Computing and virtualization (VMWare, IaaS, PaaS, AWS, Azure etc.), Cloud Management Platforms (CMP), Orchestration and automation, Management Cloud providers, Management Cloud Services.
- Expertise on Microsoft Windows solutions along with replication and high availability solutions.
- Working knowledge of vulnerability scanning / penetration testing with the ability to coordinate remediation activities.
- Basic understanding of object oriented concepts
- Degree in Computer/Software Engineering or a related area
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant experience in a Cloud Admin or similar role
- Experience maintaining a high work ethic in a flexible and fast-paced environment
- Experience with analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving infrastructure issues
- Administrator certification in Cloud platforms
- Experience with reporting and dashboard preparation
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Posted: February 13, 2019
Closes: April 14, 2019