Elkview Operations - near Sparwood, British Columbia, Canada
Date Posted: January 8, 2019
Closing Date: January 31, 2019
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TCK.A and TCK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TCK. Teck has been named to the 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the fourth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies. Further information about Teck can be found at www.teck.com .
We are currently seeking an individual in the role of: Pipefitter
Reporting to the Maintenance Foreman, the Pipefitter is responsible for determining piping system requirements as well as the selection and installation of pumps. Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Install, maintain and repair water and waste disposal systems
- Install, maintain and repair oil and air line systems
- Diagnose all system problems
- Disassemble and reassemble system components as required
- Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Pipefitter
- Valid driver's license
- Working knowledge of basic computer systems (Microsoft Office®)
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and project specifications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Small Water and Small Waste Water systems ticket would be an asset but not required
- Industrial experience is required
- Experience in a mining environment is an asset
- Able to work cross functionality
Teck Coal is committed to a work life balance, offering a 4x4 work schedule. When combined with the natural beauty and significant outdoor recreation offered in the Rocky Mountains of south eastern British Columbia our employment opportunities are truly unmatched.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically. To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.teck.com/coalcareers .
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.Job Segment:
Electrical, Sustainability, Coal Mining, Wastewater, Engineering, Mining, Energy
- Apply Now
- Apply with LinkedIn
- Please wait...