Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Are you a registered Pharmacy Technician looking to highlight your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment? We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your excellent work ethic to our Pharmacy Services department.
The Pharmacy Technician operates in accordance with the competency guidelines and scope of practice and standards of practice for Pharmacy Technicians as outlined by the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia, and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards, and unit specific protocols. Processes medication orders that are clinically reviewed for therapeutic appropriateness and approved by a Pharmacist. Receives verbal and non-verbal prescriptions from practitioners and ensures that prescriptions are complete and authentic. Prepares, processes and compounds prescriptions. Ensures the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions prepared by self or others by verifying order entries and/or performing the final check of dispensed prescriptions. Processes prescriptions for temporary inpatient leaves of absence. Transfers prescriptions to and receives prescriptions from other pharmacies. Enters and ensures the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the Pharmacy information system. Maintains stock levels and performs clerical duties as assigned.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
: Tues, Wed, Thurs, Days - 07:00 to 15:00, 08:00 to 16:00 St. Johns Hospital
is a 24 acute-care bed facility. The Hospital serves the communities of Vanderhoof and the Saik'uz First Nation, as well asacting as a referral centre for the surrounding communities of Burns Lake, Fort St. James and Fraser Lake.
The services of St John Hospital include:
• 24/7 Emergency department
• 2 outpatient bays
• Palliative Care
• Oncology Clinic
• Labour and delivery with Caesarean Section capabilities.
• Diagnostic Imaging, including Ultrasound and Fluoroscopy
• Lab including blood transfusion services
• 24/7 OR offering Orthopedic Day Surgery, Plastics, Dental, ENT, Endoscopy, and General Surgery
• Inpatient Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy
• Teaching facility for the University of Northern British ColumbiaVanderhoof
has a population of 4,500 (2021). Nestled in the fertile Nechako Valley, on the banks of the Nechako River, rural Vanderhoof is the geographical centre of the province of British Columbia. Check out Vanderhoof where there is always something new to experience. What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" offered through the Federal and BC Government IMPORTANT NOTE:
As part of your application process, you will need to upload the following documentation:
• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
• Registration number (if you are part of a regulated profession)
• Any supporting documents regarding education/qualifications for this position. Examples may include:
• Program certificates or diplomas
• High school/college/university transcripts etc.
• It is also recommended to provide a cover letter and resumeQualfications
• Grade 12 and graduation from an accredited Pharmacy Technician program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current practicing registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to keyboard.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.