** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Are you a registered Pharmacy Technician looking to highlight your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment? We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your excellent work ethic to our Pharmacy department.
The Pharmacy Technician operates in accordance with the competency guidelines and scope of practice and standards of practice for Pharmacy Technicians as outlined by the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia, and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols. Processes medication orders that are clinically reviewed for therapeutic appropriateness and approved by a Pharmacist. Receives verbal and non-verbal prescriptions from practitioners and ensures that prescriptions are complete and authentic. Prepares, processes and compounds prescriptions. Ensures the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions prepared by self or others by verifying order entries and/or performing the final check of dispensed prescriptions. Processes prescriptions for temporary inpatient leaves of absence. Transfers prescriptions to and receives prescriptions from other pharmacies. Enters and ensures the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the Pharmacy information system. Maintains stock levels and performs clerical duties as assigned. Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Monday and Wednesday, Days - 12:00 to 20:00 Fort Nelson General Hospital
is a nine acute bed hospital with seven long-term care beds. Services include laboratory, medical imaging, community counselling, basic obstetrics and minor surgery. Visiting specialists in obstetrics, pediatrics, massage therapy, acupuncture and physiotherapy is also available. Fort Nelson also has dental clinics, pharmacies, a health unit, drug and alcohol programs, counselling services, child and youth programs, and several support groups and organizations. Fort Nelson
is located in the northernmost region of the Rocky Mountains and has a family and recreation-oriented community of 3,366 (2021) people. The country around Fort Nelson is vast and has an abundance of rivers, mountains, hot springs and wildlife viewing for the adventure seeker. Check out Fort Nelson for more information for those who want a slower pace lifestyle.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial support is available for moving expenses for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" offered through the Federal and BC Government Qualifications
• Grade 12 and graduation from an accredited Pharmacy Technician program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current practicing registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia. Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to keyboard.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.