Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Are you a registered Pharmacy Technician looking to highlight your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment? We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your excellent work ethic to our Pharmacy Services department. ** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
The Pharmacy Technician operates in accordance with the competency guidelines and scope of practice and standards of practice for Pharmacy Technicians as outlined by the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia, and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols. Processes medication orders that are clinically reviewed for therapeutic appropriateness and approved by a Pharmacist. Receives verbal and non-verbal prescriptions from practitioners and ensures that prescriptions are complete and authentic. Prepares, processes and compounds prescriptions. Ensures the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions prepared by self or others by verifying order entries and/or performing the final check of dispensed prescriptions. Processes prescriptions for temporary inpatient leaves of absence. Transfers prescriptions to and receives prescriptions from other pharmacies. Enters and ensures the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the Pharmacy information system. Maintains stock levels and performs clerical duties as assigned.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days, Evenings - 06:00 to 14:00, 06:30 to 14:30, 07:00 to 15:00, 07:30 to 15:30, 08:00 to 16:00, 10:00 to 18:00, rotating University Hospital of Northern BC (UHNBC)
is the largest acute care facility (268 beds) in Northern Health and is the hub for specialized health services. It is a full service hospital and home to a new cancer centre for Northern BC, including a wide range of cancer treatments. Provides undergraduate physician training through the Northern Medical Program, run by the University of British Columbia and University of Northern British Columbia. UHNBC is also a key clinical education site for nursing and many health sciences students at UNBC, the College of New Caledonia, BCIT and other institutions.Prince George
has a population of 89,490 (2021) local residents and is a service centre for approximately 320,000. Prince George has all of the amenities of a larger city mixed with the charm and friendliness of a smaller town. Check out Prince George for more information on what this community has to offer.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial support is available for moving expenses for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
• Grade 12 and graduation from an accredited Pharmacy Technician program or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Current practicing registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to keyboard.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.