Requisition ID: 166781
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
We are looking for a Performance Test Engineer to join our Authentication Services team in Scotia Digital to help us scale and project the next gen Customer Authentication Services for Scotiabank. This is an exciting opportunity to start with us on a challenging journey building and testing a critical new Digital Identity platform for the bank.
As a Performance Test Engineer of the team, you will participate in all aspects of the software delivery life cycle of one of the largest, cutting-edge Digital Identity and Access Management (IAM) services in Canada. You will be a part of a highly skilled professional team of engineers to deliver high demand services like biometric (fingerprint/face-id) authentication, push notifications, password-less authentication ... among others. You will not only get the opportunity to grow and learn from experts in security and IAM domains, but also to mentor growing engineers to enhance your leadership skills.
If you are an experienced performance engineer with a strong testing-focused mindset, keen interest in authentication and security, and thrive in a fast-moving environment - this is the position for you! Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Participate in all aspects of a SDLC (Requirements, Analysis, Design, Code, Test, Production deployment and support).
- Conduct system performance testing to ensure system reliability, serviceability, capability, and scalability.
- Work with QA, Developers and BAs to develop test plans, tests cases, and exit criteria.
- Thorough analysis of performance tests results, identify bottlenecks, memory leaks or performance degradations.
- Provide daily/weekly performance testing status, and generate status reports for upper management review
- Analyze root cause of performance issues, and suggest corrective actions, and alternatives.
- Work within a collaborative environment with Developers, QAs, and BAs on troubleshooting and finding fixes for potential bugs.
- Execute POC and develop new testing methods and explore new performance tools that could be aligned with a more lean and automated process.
- Write technical reports or documentation such as deviation reports, testing protocols, and trend analyses
- Work with performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, Splunk, AQA
- Facilitate problem solving on a day-to-day basis as required.
- Accountable for prioritizing tasks and delivering on all assigned work. Ensure deliverables are in-scope, on-time and of high quality.
- Partner with Development and Engineer, Architecture and Product Engineers teams to manage the Testing work stream deliverables.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to build partnerships, create a shared vision and commitment for transformation.
- Operates independently day to day.
What's in it for you?
- Must have a technical working experience with Performance testing (hands on scripting and building test suites).
- Must have a technical working experience and good knowledge with Performance testing tools (LoadRunner, Jmeter, LoadTest, BlazeMeter)
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication capabilities, demonstrated from both technical and business perspectives.
- Must have excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with detailed oriented approach to project testing.
- Possess experience on formulating KPIs and preparing different performance tests with different TPS loads and duration length
- Possess technical working knowledge of service visualization tool(s)
- Possess technical working knowledge of DevOps Pipeline, Agile, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of SDLC methodology, procedures, approvals, and standards.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrable experience of common IT organizational technology and processes.
- Possess well developed leadership ability, as well as coaching, and training experiences.
- Ideally possess demonstrated examples of work around transformation & driving efficiencies.
- Banking/Financial Services' working experience would be an asset.
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, challenging and dynamic business environment.
- Self-motivated; work both independently and collaboratively with multi-functional teams;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Driven and results oriented.
- Exceptional planning and analytical skills, ability to focus on the critical issues
- Familiarity with DB administration, plus inserting data & making updates in a database, identifying locks and proving suggestions.
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
- Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
- Must be able to think conceptually out-of-the-box.
- Must Possess a good knowledge on Virtualization on Cloud applications.
- Possess good knowledge about system architecture layers / technology stack & uses Application Performance Management (APM) tools like Dynatrace Manage, AppDynamics etc to identify system performance bottlenecks & scalability issues.
- Good experience in using profiling tools like jprofiler, including GC/JVM analysis and heap/thread dump analysis and log analysis tools like Splunk.
- Understands & appreciates the need for early performance testing & feels conversant to work in agile environment running continuous integration performance testing on CI/CD environment like Jenkins etc. Good knowledge in developing strategies for assuring web / mobile application performance throughout SDLC phase.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent - not just a job - so you can grow with us. We'll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center
Work conditions: Hybrid/Remote
Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
QA Tester, Test Engineer, Testing, Cloud, Work from Home, Quality, Engineering, Technology, Contract
Engineering Information Technology