Do you thrive on autonomy and pushing the boundaries of what you can accomplish? Do you like to experiment with new ways to solve complex problems? At Elastic Path we encourage a culture of invention, empower our people to Be Remarkable and operate in a real-time learning environment .
W ho is Elastic Path?
Elastic Path develops the world's most sophisticated API-based enterprise commerce platform. The company's flagship product, Elastic Path Commerce, has helped the world's biggest brands generate $45 billion in over 170 countries. Customers from industries as diverse as travel, telecoms, publishing, software and retail enjoy the benefits of a flexible, open architecture that drives brand-defining customer experiences.A grown-up start-up
Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is proud to have some very prominent enterprise customers and partners. We have a very lean and flat organization that enables people to do their jobs with full autonomy and the support of a small and approachable executive team.
With breath taking views from our headquarters in beautiful downtown Vancouver, our open office concept encourages conversation & collaboration. Offering a flexible work environment that fits with your lifestyle, no one is more than just a Slack away. What to expect as Elastic Path's Performance Engineer?
The Professional Services team at Elastic Path focuses on helping customers and partners succeed in deploying Elastic Path's E-commerce solution .
As a Performance Engineer in Professional Services, you'll work closely with each of our partners and customers to ensure that the Elastic Path E-Commerce solutions they deploy perform and scale to their needs. These deployments will often involve integrations to third party systems, custom code, and bursty peak load requirements, all of which will need to be tested. Customers will also run into performance issues with their production deployments and you'll assist in helping customers diagnose those issues. Some customers may not be knowledgeable in the ways of performance testing and analysis and, in these cases, you'll help educate them about best practices to get their deployments to perform and scale .
Y ou won't be alone in your quest for outstanding performance. You'll be working closely with members of the Performance Engineering Team in Product Development whose job it is to validate performance of the E-Commerce Platform before shipping it to customers and maximizing platform performance through implementing architectural changes.
Once you join our team, you will be accountable for achieving realistic yet challenging goals: Ensure that customer deployments perform and scale to meet customer needs both before and after their site goes live Work with customers to determine their performance requirements, create test plans to validate those requirements and then create, execute, and analyze performance tests to ensure that deployments meet those requirements Deploy prebuilt performance test pipelines and tests and work with customers to modify and extend those to meet the needs of a particular deployment Act as Tier 2 support for customer performance issues and help customers determine which issues are related to the E-commerce platform vs. which are a result of an external 3 rd party integration or customer customization Help customers understand performance testing best practices and collaborate with the Product Development Performance Engineering team to create customer training material around performance. Act as the customer performance advocate to help keep the Product Development Performance Team abreast of how customers are using the E-Commerce platform and what performance challenges they are facing What qualities do you possess?
- You are an effective team player, who will be an integral part of the Professional Services Team, however, you also can work independently with a "can-do" attitude
- You are smart, very talented and like working with smart and talented people
- You think of simple answers to complex problems.
- You know that performance testing is critical to any successful software project
- You are someone who enjoys stress testing a system to its knees and watch it fall over. Then find out why
- You are an excellent problem solver, technical analyst, troubleshooter and debugger
- You are a full stack kind of person. You appreciate a client's request from mouse-click to hard disk access
- You have outstanding communication skills and can work directly with customers and partners
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- A computer science degree or equivalent education experience
- 3-7 years of performance testing/engineering or related fields
- Experience in finding the source of performance issues be they system or code
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Java and the JVM
- Strong Linux skills
- Languages and scripting languages: Java, Python, Bash, SQL, JSON, Yaml
- Apache JMeter
- Monitoring tools like Grafana, InfluxDB, Perfmon
- APMs like Introscope, Splunk, New Relic, DataDog, AppDynamics, Dynatrace
- Experience operating production sites and dealing with all the unique performance challenges that can present themselves.
- Experience troubleshooting severity 1 site-outages and complex bugs
- Experience stress and performance testing web sites to ensure they'll stay up on boxing day
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Azure
- Experience with Java application servers, specifically Tomcat
- Experience with relational databases, specifically MySQL, MS SQL Server & Oracle
- Experience dealing with customers and partners
Bonus Points for…
- Experience with containers (Docker specifically)
- Experience with performance testing and analysis of eCommerce sites
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery testing methodologies
- DBA experience
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits including:
An Exciting Future
- $1,000 annual Health and/or Lifestyle spending account. Yes, you can use this for a ski pass, manicure, new laptop or a top up on family health expenses. Heck, you can even get a tattoo!
- RRSP matching
- Personal development fund & paid time off
- Transit pass
- Full MSP Coverage
- Health and Dental
- Long/Short term disability insurance
- Our kitchen offers coffee connoisseurs everything they need to brew an Americano, latte or fresh cappuccino
- Fresh fruit delivered weekly
- Onsite fitness facility, change rooms (including towel service!) and bike storage.
- A flexible work environment that fits with your lifestyle
- An awesome view!
Committed to being the most innovative commerce technology company, Elastic Path helps the world's biggest brands generate billions in revenue using its powerful enterprise ecommerce platform. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software as recognized by analysts including Gartner, Forrester and IDC.
What does that mean for you? There has never been a more exciting time to join Elastic Path .
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by . App ly Now!