Description What to expect as Elastic Path's Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Our Payroll team pays amazing talent at EP! Payroll is a part of our Finance Team within the Corporate Performance group consisting of Office Administration, Finance, Legal, and People & Culture. If you are looking for the excitement of being part of a fast-paced company and are passionate about learning the ins and outs of a high-tech business, this opportunity is for you!
In this newly created role the Payroll & Benefits Administrator will process payroll and benefits across all jurisdictions. We are looking for an individual who has the technical skills and can ensure payroll, benefits submissions, compliance reports and ad-hoc requests are completed in an accurate and timely manner to support our growing business. This role reports to the Corporate Controller and is based at our Vancouver headquarters.Who is Elastic Path?
Elastic Path develops the world's most sophisticated API-based enterprise commerce platform. The company's flagship product, Elastic Path Commerce, has helped the world's biggest brands generate $45 billion in over 170 countries. Customers from industries as diverse as travel, telecoms, publishing, software and retail enjoy the benefits of a flexible, open architecture that drives brand-defining customer experiences.A grown-up start-up
Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is proud to have some very prominent enterprise customers and partners. We have a very lean and flat organization that enables people to do their jobs with full autonomy and the support of a small and approachable executive team.
With breath taking views from our headquarters in beautiful downtown Vancouver, our open office concept encourages conversation & collaboration. Offering a flexible work environment that fits with your lifestyle, no one is more than just a Slack away. What to expect working for Elastic Path's Corporate Performance team?
What impact will you have?
- Work with a diverse group of people who support all aspects of the business - anything from Finance, People & Culture to Legal
- Be part of a closely-knit team that thrives on doing their best work and having fun doing it together
- We have some pretty smart people who love to pass on their knowledge to others
- Work with smart, capable people who share common goals
- Enjoy what you do, every day!
In this role you'll be responsible for:
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- Payroll: Process bi-weekly, semi-monthly and monthly payroll for 170 employees in Canada, US and UK.
- Employee Benefits: Manage benefits enrollment, taxable benefits and deductions.
- Pension Programs: Manage pension program (RSP, 401K, UK Pension) enrollment and monthly submissions.
- Employee Changes: Process employee and organizational changes such as new hires, promotions, transfers, resignations and terminations across all of our payroll systems.
- Year-end Payroll Reporting: Assist in the preparation of jurisdictional payroll reporting (T4s, W2s, P11Ds).
- Assist with monthly and quarterly reconciliation reports.
- Participate in Journal Entry preparation.
- Payroll & Benefit Processes: Contribute ideas for processes improvement to enhance workflow efficiency and maintain and strengthen internal policies and controls.
- Special Projects: Support special projects and initiatives and ad-hoc reporting/analysis.
- Continuous Improvement: Be an active participant in continuous improvement of processes within the Corporate Performance Team.
- Completion or near-completion of the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation plus 2-3 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical knowledge of applicable legislation pertaining to benefits and payroll across Canada- UK and US considered an asset.
- Ability to adhere to regular payroll and benefits schedules and deadlines in a dynamic work environment.
- Proficiency at using payroll software packages and related business management software. Preference given for experience working in Ceridian, ADP, Rise or Replicon.
- Proficiency in computer systems and very strong competency in Microsoft applications, including Word and Excel.
- Able to work as a member of a team with the ability to adapt to ever-changing business priorities.
- Analytical and outgoing personality with strong attention to detail
- Professional discretion and the ability to handle sensitive information professionally and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits including:
An Exciting Future
- $1,000 annual Health and/or Lifestyle spending account. Yes, you can use this for a ski pass, personal laptop or a top up on family health expenses. Heck, you can even get a tattoo!
- RRSP matching
- Personal development fund & paid time off
- Transit pass
- Full MSP Coverage
- Health and Dental insurance
- Long/Short term disability insurance
- Our kitchen offers coffee connoisseurs everything they need to brew an Americano, latte or fresh cappuccino
- Fresh fruit delivered weekly
- Onsite fitness facility, change rooms (including towel service!) and bike storage.
- An awesome view!
Committed to being the most innovative commerce technology company, Elastic Path helps the world's biggest brands generate billions in revenue using its powerful enterprise ecommerce platform. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software as recognized by analysts including Gartner, Forrester and IDC.
What does that mean for you? There has never been a more exciting time to join Elastic Path.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.