Part-Time Producer- Pacific Content
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
At Pacific Content we do one thing: We make great podcasts with great brands.While we do that, we get to meet new clients, learn about their company values, create engaging, high-quality audio shows for them and for our audience, and have a lot of fun along the way.
We are hiring a Part-Time Casual Producer to join our team on a contract basis. We are looking for an organized, passionate, and hard-working producer to work on one or more of our shows. The successful candidate will be located in either Vancouver or Toronto, and will work with the direction of the Show Runner and Executive Producer to create original audio programs.What you will be doing...
What you will bring...
- Pitching episode and story ideas, chasing and booking guests, research, writing, and interviewing.
- You may also be responsible for creating and managing episode publishing data, and audio editing.
- Contribute original ideas for stories, and guests
- Research and prepare information for episodes and interviews as assigned by the Show Runner and/or Executive Producer
- Chase, pre-interview and book guests, develop interview questions, record and edit audio
- Participate in feedback sessions with clients
- Prepare and manage episode data, transcriptions and other publishing and file management
- Juggle multiple editorial and administrative tasks, ensuring publishing and delivery deadlines are met
- Effectively and efficiently coordinate resources, freelancers, studios and media
- Managing recording of guests including ensuring recording excellence with interview sessions
- Writing assignments as assigned by Show Runner and/or Executive Producer
- Working to ensure that Show Runners, Writers, Sound Designers have the editorial and production requirements they need to complete episode
- Appear on mic, as needed
- Assist with metrics and audience development support as needed
- Promote the episode on PCC's social channels, and update guests with relevant information and assets to post their appearances on their own channels
Here's what you can expect in return:
- Proven experience working in a professional podcast, audio, multimedia or broadcast content creation setting
- A track record in editorial content production for podcasts, radio, documentary, episodic TV series or feature films
- Strong audio storytelling skills, interviewing, writing for the spoken voice, building immersive scenes
- Must be an effective communicator, able and willing to give and get feedback and translate that into an even better show
- Access to a laptop or workstation compatible with recent editions of Adobe Audition, as well as our other core communications and workflow software
- Flexibility to work hours matching the production scheduling needs, based on deadlines, multiple time zones etc.
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- Appropriate and comprehensive training for success to win as a team!
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 2440 Ash St (094), Vancouver, BC
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Digital & Creative
Requisition ID: 280025
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media
Vancouver, BC, CA Toronto, ON, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Part Time, Research, Technology
Information Technology Telecommunications