IT Services is looking for a talented, driven, and customer focused IT Support Associate II part time (20-29 hours a week), to perform remote IT Support. IT Support is the first point of contact for technical support service requests. Our IT Support Associate II spends their day fielding incoming chats, calls, and online requests from Amazon Corporate and its subsidiary employees worldwide. The successful IT Support Associate II will be customer focused and motivated by team success. You will be innovative, energetic, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with a high volume of requests. You will also be committed, flexible, and demonstrate the ability to maintain high levels of productivity while maintaining quality support.
- Available to work flexible shifts 2-4 days a week, shift lengths of 4-10 hours a day, between the hours of 2am to 9pm PST.
- All schedules will need to include either a Monday or both a Saturday and Sunday shift.
- Schedules will require at least one 4 hour shift during the week Monday - Friday.
- Work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings and weekday options, split shifts available.
- Provide basic technical support to Amazon Corporate employees worldwide.
- Research, resolve, and respond to inquiries received via web chat, telephone calls, email, ticketing system, all in a timely manner, in accordance with organizational standards.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot end user computing problems including analyzing the problem, identifying the appropriate resources, testing proposed fixes and following up to ensure the problem has been resolved.
- Create and submit detailed call logs documenting customer interactions that are accurate, thorough, and timely.
- Informs customer of needed repairs and answers basic questions. Ensures that customer understands and is satisfied with work completed.
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) through the effective use of knowledge management.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
- Assist with activities to triage and escalate any system or network outage to reduce downtime.
- Assist with remote assistance in Teleconferencing systems and AV presentation equipment.
- Adherence to shift schedules and timeliness are key requirements.
- 1+ years of experience supporting Windows, Mac and/or Linux Operating systems in a corporate setting.
- High school diploma
- 1+ years of experience in IT help-desk, desk-side environment or call center experience.
- Associate in Computer Science or related field
- Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active Directory)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or IT related field
- Advanced Linux systems administration skills
- Proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff.
- Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- ITIL Foundation Certification
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Information Technology Operations and Logistics