Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced Outside Plant (OSP) Designer, responsible for detailed design of OSP elements (aerial and/or underground) and fiber designs of telecommunication networks. You'll be an integral part of the engineering team and will design networks using a variety of tools, ensuring constructability issues are incorporated into the network designs.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Vancouver, BC today! Responsibilities
• Perform detailed layout and design of PON (GPON / FTTH) networks and HFC broadband plant extensions utilizing various programs while incorporating safety into all aspects of design
• Support projects such as FTTH deployments, node splits, hub collapses and transport project designs.
• Perform quality control and field checks of construction and inspections
• Reading and interpreting outside plant records (data, maps, fiber network designs)
• Maintain knowledge of current OSP design principles and industry standards, and perform in compliance with updated Safety Codes, Electric Codes, customer practices and procedures
• Conduct site walk for data collection of all surface features and underground utility data necessary to support the preparation of the construction drawings that are complete and suitable for construction
• Perform system design, create BOM and provide construction quotes for requested projects
• Collaborating with team members from other divisions to overcome project challenges and issues
• Following company standards and procedures related to Health & Safety while performing assigned job duties
• Ensuring schedule deadlines are adhered to and project deliverables are maintained
• Travelling and working on site as required
• 5+ years' experience working within telecommunications OSP fiber design, copper design or RF plant design is an asset
• Graduate from a technical college program preferably in civil, electrical/telecommunications, GIS or equivalent experience
• Working knowledge of PON or CATV standards and architectures, HFC and PON experience is an asset
• Organized and self-motivated with strong attention to detail
• Strong MS Office skills, experience with AutoCAD, ESRI/ArcGIS would be an asset
• Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders and interpret their needs
• Working knowledge of construction or telecom documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
• Willingness to contribute actively in team discussions, sharing experiences and ideas
• Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
• Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment requirements
• This is an office-based position
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019