Job Title: Ops Engineering Internship
Requisition ID: R017899
Job Description: Cloud Engineering Internship
Central Tech (Activision), Vancouver
January 2023Your Platform
At Activision Blizzard we are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences, driven by our company values and passion, Activision Blizzard creates worlds with the focus to entertain the universe. We are looking for talented and innovative students to join our team for Winter 2023. All interns will receive a meaningful project and an unparalleled experience. We'll provide the tools and resources you need to learn. The challenging and creative work you do throughout your internship will directly impact the team you are contributing on. We're open to work terms of 8+ months. Recently graduated? We still want to hear from you!! The Team
The Activision Infrastructure team is looking for an intern for our Cloud Engineering team, to join us either 100% remotely, or in our offices in Vancouver. Our team supports a variety of cloud workloads and you will be instrumental in setting standards and supporting key technologies. You will help drive efficiencies and both cost and performance within Amazon Web Services and the Google Cloud Platform.
We work on building solid Cloud Foundations, as well as large, distributed systems such as Kubernetes, Kafka, and Cassandra, and keep them running in the Cloud. We help internal teams build large projects on Google Cloud using Terraform, and provide smooth CI/CD development workflows.The Role
- Learning to implement foundational infrastructure (DNS, identity/authentication, Artifact management, etc)
- Working with cloud and container solutions (Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Databases)
- Designing and implementing tools and automations running on distributed systems
- Building "Infrastructure as Code"
- Identifying opportunities to automate time-consuming, manual work
- Performing root cause analyses and proposing and/or implementing engineering solutions to prevent or mitigate recurring incidents
- Participating in design and code reviews
- Excitement to learn about operations and cloud
- Debugging or problem solving skills
- Experience communicating technical concepts
- Linux fundamentals
- Familiarity with scripting (e.g. Python/Golang/Bash)
- Familiarity with source control (git preferred)
How to Apply
- Knowledge of networking technologies (e.g., TCP, UDP, DNS)
- Experience diving into code to understand how it ' s supposed to work -- and why it doesn't
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
Please apply on the Demonware website: submit your resume, cover letter and a copy of your most recent school transcripts. You will also have to complete a short assessment related to your knowledge of operations.
In your resume and cover letter, p lease list any additional experience you have. This could be a project you are working on with Linux at home, any programming-related hobbies and resulting projects, an interesting school assignment, or any open source involvement. Please include any links to your code repository and/or blog.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply