WHAT YOU\'LL BE DOING...
As an Operations Engineer
for our Best Buy eCommerce Team, you will be utilizing the latest DevOps tools and technologies, to help your Product Stream deploy applications efficiently and reliably both on premise and in cloud. You will be the technical DevOps expert for your Agile/Scrum Product Stream and responsible for working with developers and operations on best practices for deploying and supporting applications.
As part of your role, you will be responsible for troubleshooting complex issues within our eCommerce environment related to your area of expertise. Being part of an Agile/Scrum team, it\'s imperative to ensure that performance and monitoring best practices are implemented for all new applications to ensure the reliability of your applications. You will be expected to work with your Product Stream to help prioritize defects or enhancements and be heavily engaged in the design of new applications and features to ensure they are supportable and scalable in production. Other responsibilities will include:
• Lead the creation of automation and deployments pipelines for applications to all environments • Implement monitoring of new applications in production, while utilizing the latest technologies and following DevOps best practices for auto healing and alert fatigue • Investigate and troubleshoot complex issues for Product Streams and help support applications in all environments • Research and stay up to date with DevOps best practices for CI/CD and Site Reliability • Continually reviewing new technology that can be implemented within Best Buy • Help create policies and processes that define the responsibilities of the DevOps Operations Engineer within our DevOps culture • Lead the implementation of performance engineering best practices within your Product Stream and assisting in performance improvements to improve site reliabilitly • Provide leadership to the Operations Team for all applications related to your area of expertise • Lead the training of the Operations Team for new applications coming from your Product Stream • Assist in the investigation of complex production defects • Participate in the creation of production best practices
WHO YOU ARE...
• You understand that the customer comes first, and have a genuine interest in serving the ongoing needs of both internal and external customers • You\'re a go-getter, always striving toward higher personal and business performance • You have the confidence to put forward new ideas and challenge the status quo, while backing up those ideas with sound logic • Communication comes easy to you, both verbally and in writing • You strive to build and maintain positive, effective relationships that support the growth of the business WHAT YOU\'VE DONE...
• 5+ years of experience in IT Support or Server Administration, primarily related to web applications • 5+ years of experience with Windows Server and Enterprise Linux Platforms • 3+ years of experience working with DevOps practices such as CI/CD, automation and real-time monitoring • 3+ years of experience developing Java/C# applications • Solid command over scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Bash or PowerShell • Design experience of modern cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS etc. • Experience in latest DevOps technologies such as OpenShift, Kubernetes, ANsible, Jenkins, APM • A certificate in any platform or application (MSCA, RHCSA, CCNA, etc.) an asset YOUR EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND...
• You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Network Administration or a related discipline WHY WORK WITH US?
• Employer-matching pension plan • Employer-matching stock purchase plan • Health spending account • 24-hour gym facility • In-house catering and coffee bar • On-site postal service • On-site car wash service • On-site dry cleaning service • SkyTrain shuttle service • Flexible work schedule • Registered education savings plan • Tuition reimbursements • Employee discount purchase plan COMPANY BACKGROUND
Best Buy Canada is one of the largest omni-channel retailers of consumer electronics, computers and entertainment products, related accessories and services in Canada.
Located in beautiful Burnaby, B.C., our 140,000-square-foot Canadian corporate headquarters features an open office environment where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged. Enjoy delicious food and Starbucks coffee in our subsidized cafeteria, and embrace the West Coast lifestyle in the nearby running trails along the scenic Fraser River. We also have a full fitness centre on site, free shuttle service, free parking, and much more, making our atmosphere and amenities unbeatable.
Best Buy Canada Ltd. operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY). Best Buy Enterprise is a multinational retailer of technology, entertainment products and services with a commitment to growth and innovation. We are a truly global company with approximately 140,000 employees across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The Best Buy family of brands and partnerships collectively generates billions of dollars in annual revenue and includes brands such as Best Buy; Best Buy Mobile; Geek Squad, Magnolia Audio Video; and Pacific Sales.
Posted: November 16, 2018
Closes: January 15, 2019