On-Air Afternoon Announcer- STAR 98.3
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
STAR 98.3 is looking to add our newest member to the on-air team. Someone who is warm and friendly on the air and in the halls. This is a special opportunity to join one of the most heritage stations in Chilliwackas a full-time afternoon Announcer.What you will do...
What you will bring...
- Host, operateand produceown weekdaylive show
- Prepare on-brand, entertaining and demographic appropriate content for on-air and online
- Manage social media platforms while on-air
- Be knowledgeable of world events as they relate to the station audience
- Voice track or cover other shifts as necessary
- Perform commercial narration for production purposes as required
- Other duties as assigned
Here's what you can expect in return:
- Proven on-air experience and ability to entertain an audience
- Excellent social media skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Passion for engaging with the local audience (including in person, on the phone, in social media, etc.)
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in all settings
- Be a team player with a positive attitude and a sense of humour
- Familiarity with WideOrbit, MusicMaster, VOXPRO and Adobe Audio an asset
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the "what" and the "how"
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 46167 Yale Road, Suite 309 (143), Chilliwack, BC
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & On-Air Talent
Requisition ID: 269330
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media
Chilliwack, BC, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology
Information Technology Telecommunications