At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with the purpose to bring loved ones together from across the globe, to connect people to each other and the world around them, to help an entrepreneur realize her dream, a sports fan celebrate a special moment, because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
OMNI Television is looking for a Reporter (Punjabi) who is a passionate and reliable self-starter. You can work independently, but also as part of a diverse newsroom. You will be responsible for working on stories both in the studio, and out in the field for multiple media platforms.
- Pitch original ideas, and liaise with assignment desk to chase, produce, write, research and present stories for national and local newscasts with an emphasis on content for the South Asian community
- Staying up-to-date on current events and issues important to the South Asian community with the goal of providing quick concise details of these stories on-air
- Use social media as a promotional platform to drive viewers to watch our news programs as well as a story-telling tool to engage our audience
- Update the segments during newscasts, if necessary, and produce separate version for use on local current affairs show
- Attend daily content and programming meetings as well as contribute to creative brainstorms on new content including branded content development
- Develop and maintain news contacts for interviews
- Write compelling, accurate news copy for all platforms, including story leads, segment leads, bumpers and promos
- Monitor all news sources and be on top of breaking news and developing situations
- Assist in breaking news coverage - including helping coordinate live coverage, setting up interviews for broadcast, and sourcing pictures and video for all platforms
- Research and arrange interviews for news stories and shows when required
- Back-fill for Anchor shifts as needed, and work multiple shifts including evenings and weekends
- Must be fluent in Punjabi and be able to write/type in Gurmukhi
- Minimum of 1-2 years broadcast experience in news
- Strong on-air presentation skills, with an emphasis on live remote abilities and unscripted material
- Familiarity with the culture, needs, and sensibilities of the South Asian community
- Strong news judgment, writing, editing, and in-person interviewing skills
- Ability to react quickly, multi-task, handle situations, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-starter, energetic, creative, detail-oriented, and a problem solver
- Ability to make sense of complex news stories and the talent to write them in a fair, clear, concise, and lively manner
- Must be able to take direction well and willing to adapt to rapidly changing technology and new online skills in a multi-faceted digital news operation
- Possess a solid network of contacts within the Indo-Canadian community
- Active social media presence with a demonstrated ability to produce engaging content for social media users, including on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Experience with Quantel Technology an asset
- Control room and field production experience an asset
- A broadcast journalism diploma or equivalent experience
Part time Shift:
Variable Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
180 West 2nd Avenue (810), Vancouver, BC Travel Requirements:
Up to 25% Posting Category/Function:
Broadcasting & News Requisition ID:
142659 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]
Find similar jobs: