Do you want a meaningful role with a company that’s making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team, and help us revolutionize an industry.
About Our Company
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics provides software solutions that address critical water data management, analytics, and compliance challenges for the rapidly growing water industry. Aquatic Informatics is the trusted provider of water management solutions to over 1,000 municipal, federal, state/provincial, hydropower, mining, academic, and consulting organizations in over 60 countries that collect, manage, and process large volumes of water data.
Aquatic Informatics is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and has offices in the US and Australia and is one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada. We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humour. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
You are looking for an energetic office environment, wanting to do something meaningful and fulfilling. You have outstanding interpersonal communication skills and have gained trust given your tact, diplomacy, and ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner. You are a “people pleaser”, are fun to be around and have a “can do” attitude. You are strongly team oriented with the ability to take initiative with limited direction in a fast paced setting. You have proven success with managing varied tasks across many departments as well as stakeholders in a collaborative team culture. You show grace under pressure and possess the skills and flexibility to work on a range of tasks from detail oriented to those requiring proactive, creative thinking.
About the Opportunity
The Office Coordinator is the first point of contact for all staff, visitors, customers, suppliers, and couriers coming to Aquatic Informatics. This key role will represent what we value as a company: positive thinking, enthusiasm, team play, a relentless pursuit of quality and simplicity, a playful spirit and a sense of humour.
- Serve as the first point of contact for staff, customers, vendors and visitors.
- Manage relationships with office suppliers and vendors.
- Order, maintain and restock office and kitchen supplies.
- Manage phone vendors for our Canadian and US employees.
- Arrange catering for company events and meetings.
- Continuously look for new local suppliers to support where possible, and help reduce our carbon footprint while managing budget.
- Provide first hand assistance to the CEO, management team, and other departments on a variety of tasks in a timely manner, which could include:
- Handle highly sensitive and confidential matters relating to the daily activities of the company.
- Plan and coordinate company events.
- Manage staff travel arrangements including flights, accommodation and advising visa requirements.
- Set up and maintain an organized system for email, e-filing systems, and other documents.
- General office management:
- Serve as the first point of contact with building management and handle site maintenance issues.
- Assist IT and HR with “new hire” (onboarding) and departure activities including updating contact lists, setting up workstations and organizing access cards.
- Maintenance and coordination of the office, kitchen, and meeting rooms to ensure a clean, presentable, secure, and well-organized office environment.
- Perform clerical duties including filing, copying, scanning, and distributing mail.
- Continuously improve office environment, operations, and processes.
- Foster culture and be a key member of the Social Committee.
- Assist with company initiatives and programs (Green Committee, 3P etc).
- Assist with ad-hoc office improvement projects.
- Undertake other ad-hoc projects and/or requirements, as needed.
- Continuously update the Front Desk process and procedures manual.
- Completion of high school, preferably supplemented by courses in office administration.
- Familiar with office and clerical procedures, and proven success with managing varied tasks across many departments and stakeholders in a collaborative team culture.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, G Suite, and excellent typing skills
- High energy, a positive attitude, and an unshakeable smile.
- Exceptional organization and prioritization skills.
- Anticipates needs, responds accordingly; understands the prioritization of tasks.
- Self-starter, smart, quick-learning, and self-motivated.
- Takes pride in the work being done, no matter what the task.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, and ability to present an enthusiastic and professional manner at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to use tact, discretion, and sound judgment when dealing with a diverse number of employees, customers, and contacts.
- Ability to multitask and complete administrative tasks while managing frequent interruptions.
- Strong team orientation, with ability to take initiative with limited direction in a fast-paced environment.
We offer a competitive compensation package including health benefits, a RRSP program, and a subsidized gym membership.
Posted: October 18, 2018
Closes: December 17, 2018