Join GroupHEALTH Benefit Solutions® today and become part of an organization that is
transforming the way Canadian’s experience benefits.Our mission is simple;
We develop and deliver the most cost-effective employee benefits solutions to Canadian businesses.GroupHEALTH is accelerating - and you provide the fuel.
The Office Assistant is a part time role that provides support to the Office Support Team and other departments as required. The work completed by the Office Assistant will vary from day to day depending on business needs.
We are looking for a highly-organized, energetic Office Assistant to join our Surrey, BC
team, who enjoys a fast-paced work environment and takes ownership in all aspects of their work. The successful candidate will be a care-taker at heart who loves interacting with people. They will possess outstanding customer service, multitasking and problem-solving skills and the ability to react with discretion and urgency to situations that require quick response and good communication.
They will also demonstrate a strong sense of initiative, a collaborative work style, and a strong work ethic, taking pride in cleanliness and efficiency. Physical aspects of the job include minor lifting, carrying, bending, kneeling, stooping, climbing and balancing. This role will be a part time position working 3 days per week
. Hours of work are expected to be 8:00 am – 2:00 pm Monday and Wednesday, and 8:00 am to 4:30 pm every Friday. This position requires some flexibility with the ability to be on-call for emergencies and to cover vacations for other team members.Outcomes
Expectations include, but are not limited to:Week 1 Outcomes
- Basic understanding of how to answer phones and direct calls
- Basic understanding of mail and courier duties
- Basic understanding of daily Office Care responsibilities (kitchens, sanitizing, bathrooms, laundry, errands, deliveries)
- Basic understanding of Family of Companies and key stakeholders
Education & Experience
Office Care Responsibilities
- Internal deliveries (mail, packages, people, food).
- Emptying and filling multiple dishwashers daily, always ensuring clean and tidy kitchens.
- Organizing dishes, always ensuring kitchens are stocked with appropriate supplies.
- Daily washroom checks.
- Daily gym/ laundry (gather, sort, wash/dry, fold and redistribute).
- Daily sanitizing of high touch points.
- Catering orders (order pick-up, boardroom set up and clean up).
- Errands – light shopping, food pick-up, mail drop off.
- Evaluating stock levels (coffee, tea, milk, fruit), working with team members to place orders as needed.
- Weekly plant care.
- Boardroom set up and clean up as needed.
- Respond to any major spills or other cleaning crises.
- Cleaning fridges, microwaves and other small kitchen appliances.
- Constantly observes condition of the property throughout the site and reports and/or initiates action to correct unsafe conditions.
- Removing excess litter and recycling from main common areas.
- Set up and put away patio furniture as needed.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and complete light physical labor.
- Work with other team members to help set up and clean up special events throughout the facility.
- This role will be Reception based on Fridays, to cover breaks and for vacation coverage as needed.
- Answer and direct incoming calls, emails and faxes, delivering a friendly, knowledgeable and professional experience.
- Organizing and processing outgoing courier packages and mail, ensuring timely processing.
- Greeting guests and delivery workers, always delivering a WOW experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- High school or equivalent experience
- Previous experience working in an office setting with similar responsibilities considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle is required for this role
Want to be part of a rapidly growing company that is transforming the way Canadian’s experience benefits? Apply now!We thank everyone who applies to the Part-Time Office Assistant role; however, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those candidates selected for an interview.
- Previous experience working in an office setting considered an asset
- Personable/excellent communication skills
- Quick learner, ability to adapt to new situations easily