Join our team
TELUS provides solutions for thousands of business customers. We help connect our customers with industry-leading technology solutions to create opportunities and solve business challenges across both public and private sectors and across various segments. We provide customer care, solutions delivery and operations support for TELUS' business customers across all segments. Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together.
As part of our Solution Delivery and Support team, you will perform Service Delivery and Assurance functions related to switching, transport, broadcast and data / IP network elements. You will be accountable for local maintenance functions (testing, fault isolation, and trouble repair) for elements of TELUS' network. Here's how:
• By provisioning, commissioning, testing, maintaining and repairing network elements and services
• You will provide trouble analysis (i.e. testing, fault isolation and repair functions; logs, alarms, operational measurements).
• You'll work with appropriate areas for the implementation of hardware, software, firmware, product change upgrades and commissioning of network elements / services.
• By completing preventative maintenance routines to ensure network reliability
• Initiating and/or responding to queries, discuss trouble details and confirm resolutions directly with external / internal customers
• You will explain/discuss details regarding progress, issues, applicable charges and promote products and services.
• By preparing time and expense reports, and other administrative tasks as required.
• By documenting and administering/tracking maintenance routines for network elements, power, environment and housekeeping.
• You'll regularly provide information on job status, maintain logs and update applicable corporate systems.
• Your work is performed within defined time requirements to meet company quality standards, to ensure network reliability and to meet customer needs
• Your preventative maintenance routines and administration responsibilities are completed accurately and timely. What's in it for YOU?
Your rewards of starting your career with TELUS include a competitive hourly wage, starting wage will be determined based on your relevant education and experience, annual bonuses and sales incentives. We will offer you best-in-class training to start, employee share purchase plans, service discounts and more. You will have the chance to build a long term career with a leading-edge team that strongly believes in giving back to the communities in which we work, live and serve. Finally, a career you'll love. Qualifications: You're the missing piece of the puzzle: With your Cisco certification
• You're willing to work in cross-functional areas such as network, access and service.
• With your demonstrated effective decision-making skills while under limited supervision.
• You'll need to have normal colour vision to work with colour-coded wiring.
• Must be willing and able to work various shifts as assigned in a 24 x 7 environment (such as evenings, weekends, statutory holidays, overnight and on call shifts), based on business needs.
• You're able to understand and effectively perform work in accordance with published work plans
• Demonstrated professional oral and written communications skills and fluent in English.
• You have analytical and mechanical ability.
• You have the ability to do fine, precise work, you're self-motivated, and work well with minimal or no direct supervision.
• You can effectively handle both favourable and unfavourable customer interactions, and have a demonstrated ability to identify problems and situations, take appropriate action, implement solutions or escalate as required.
• You have the ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaboratively with other departments.
• You can maintain a high level of performance under the pressure of time constraints and a fast-paced changing environment with a demonstrated ability in planning and organizing to meet scheduled deadlines.
• Commit to continuous learning. Demonstrate the ability to learn and apply learned skills to related situations and complete and pass all related exams.
• You'll need to meet applicable testing requirements. Great to have's:
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Communications Technician or similar diploma
• Cisco CCNA Voice Collaboration
• CCNP Voice Collaboration
• Experience with Wireshark Tool
• Knowledge of PBX/SBC equipment Must Have's:
• Active Cisco certification Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need. Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.