Network Security Analyst
Salary: $55,000 – $65,000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a Canadian billion-dollar retail distribution company as a Network Security Analyst. The successful applicant will be working with a cutting-edge team in exciting and large-scale projects. This position provides outstanding benefits and a great work/life balance.
About the company:
The organisation continuously tops independent polls that recognise exceptional places to work. If you are looking for a stable company that values innovative thinking, this role is perfect for you. This company is leading the way in their field and is on the brink of further expansion. In order to reach its goals, the company requires strong, forward thinking leaders.
Reporting to the Manager of IT Security Operations, the Network Security Analyst will be responsible for conducting technical analysis, evaluation and providing recommendations to support enterprise-wide network security system objectives. Other duties include but not limited to:
- Providing expertise to the planning, implementation, operation and evaluation of network security infrastructure.
- Provide tier 2 support in network services including: security, user accounts, server configuration, data backup, disaster recovery planning and obsolescence planning
- Working in Virtualized environments
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of IT systems including networks and communication infrastructure
- Configuring IP Networks (Network Routing, Firewall Rules, Virtual LANs, Storage Area Networks, VPN)
- Ensures the integrity of corporate IT network infrastructure.
- Provides input to procurement processes for vendors and contractors (e.g. negotiates contract terms; uses standardized contracts; defines deliverables and timelines, and signs-off on completion).
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in a related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years experience providing IT support with a focus on Network Security
- Experience in Network hardware/software, VOIP, structured cabling, central management tools, VPN access technologies, wireless technologies, routing technologies/configurations.
- Experience working with network communication devices, switches, routers, load balancers, firewalls WAN Optimizers, Wireless Intrusion Prevention Systems (WIPS), VMware
- Experience working with Checkpoint R75, Secure Platform, Linux, FireMon, Eventia, Cisco ACS, Ciscoworks, CryptoAdmin, tcpdump, Wireshark, Nmap, MS Office.
- Knowledge of OSI Model concepts at a working level, IPv4 sub netting, DNS infrastructure basics.
- Advantage to have Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or other current, relevant, IT professional designation
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary $55,000 - $65,000 base per annum
- 3 weeks of vacation plus flex days
- Excellent Dental, Medical and Pension Plan.
How to Apply:
Please email a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: email@example.com quoting reference # 25816 or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Sean Moynihan at 6046898687 Ext:253 for a confidential discussion.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.
Posted: November 17, 2018
Closes: January 16, 2019