Network Planning and Performance Co-op
We support and encourage employees to find long term success and explore opportunities that play to their individual strengths and passions. We value lateral moves as much as vertical promotions - we believe all roles should develop your skills, broaden your experience, and help you build a rewarding career at Rogers.
We've established a new set of internal hiring rules to help you find long-term success at Rogers. Click here to access Your Career @ Rogers - Ground Rules and become familiar with the new requirements.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and learn from a diverse group of leaders. We are building for tomorrow and as we plan for the future to make more possible for all Canadians, we believe it starts with Students & New Grads from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let's make your dream co-op placement possible.About the Team:
Do you love building, tinkering, and understanding how things work? Interested in electronics, radio waves and mobile devices?
We are looking for talented individuals to join our Network Engineering team. Our team is responsible for planning the infrastructure that will power the wireless technologies of tomorrow.
We are currently seeking engineering interns to work within our development team. Successful candidates will participate in Planning and Optimization of our network. You will work closely with lead engineers and optimization specialist to address planning and optimization needs of the network.What you will do...
What you will bring...
- Assist in network planning activities to address capacity and coverage needs of the network
- Utilize data analytics to perform planning and optimization activities
- Issuing planning specifications and maintaining planning databases
Here's what you can expect in return:
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a degree in a recognized Engineering Program, preferably Electrical and Computer Engineering, Engineering Physics or Computer Science
- Highly motivated individual with superior organizational and analytical skills
- Must have good writing and communication skills
- Passionate about radio propagation theory, radio transmitter and receiver circuits, cellular system principles and two-way land mobile communications
- Experience in programming languages such as Python and SQL, as well as Azure Databricks, Hadoop, and Power BI are assets
- Valid driver's license
- A mindset of creativity, innovation, and energetic drive to succeed
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- A competitive salary
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 1600 - 4710 Kingsway (016), Burnaby, BC
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 268786
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Burnaby, BC, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Network, Electrical, Engineer, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology, Engineering
Engineering Information Technology