Amazon.com is looking for best in class Optical Developer Engineers to help operate, automate and support one of the world's largest and most complex networks. With Amazon Web Services (http://aws.amazon.com), our goal is to become "The Infrastructure Platform" to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. As we expand at a tremendous rate it is our responsibility to maintain that quality and reliability. We look for innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand, while driving complex issues to resolution.
As an Optical developer Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure, you will:
• Be responsible for the operational support of our global DWDM infrastructure
• Drive current DWDM network designs to meet the demand of our customers
• Create and automate processes that help operate and support our DWDM network
• Work closely with other Networking team on operational escalations and support
• Work with in-house software engineers in developing additional in-house monitoring and reporting tools on the DWDM platforms
• Ensure that the DWDM network adheres to the defined network standards
• Review and implement changes on the DWDM network
• Drive operational excellence projects to drive improvements in our DWDM network quality and reliability
• Troubleshoot complex problems and develop innovative solutions day to day on our network
• Automate the AWS optical device and networks
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of optical networking experience, working with major DWDM platforms
• 1+ year of optical network design experience
• 1+ years of operational support of large DWDM networks
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Working knowledge of IP networking fundamental
• Experience with SNMP, TL1 or XML-based management protocols
• Experience with optical planning and modeling tools
• Experience in developing software automation tools.
• Experience with network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
• Experience with L2 switching and L3 routing
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Information Technology Operations and Logistics