Founded in 1976, CGI is one of the worlds largest IT and business consulting services firms. We help clients achieve their goals, including becoming customer-centric digital organizations, through high-end IT and business consulting, systems integration and outsourcing services combined with a unique client proximity model and global center of excellence network.
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential, and to chart your own career.
CGI is seeking an experienced network architect who brings depth and breadth of Network Infrastructure knowledge, as well as superior skills architecting solutions for routing, switching, firewall, load balancing, and datacenter technologies. A minimum 10 years’ experience is required in designing large scale and complex network environments. Hands-on technical skills are a must for this position.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Primary responsibilities for this position involve conceptualizing, planning, designing and leading the team to implement highly robust, fully integrated, highly-available, fault-tolerant, fully automated network architecture that will be part of a shared CGI managed infrastructure.
• Help lead the team to define, document and maintain Network Architecture standards for Core/Distribution/Access Switching, Routing, Firewalls, Load balancers, and Inter-DC communication by evaluating various technologies and vendors for cost, performance and resilience.
• Understand the Client business environment, technical environment and the CGI managed infrastructure
• Serve as a link between client business needs, the technical solutions and services delivery
• Work closely with the Client Engagement Manager in maintaining and developing client relationships
• Work with proposal and solution project teams in preparing target architectures, target solutions, and solution strategies.
• Document Network Architecture proposals, walk the Infrastructure Delivery teams through the design and help them define the deployment strategy for the new design
• Participate with Infrastructure delivery teams in the development and adjustment of infrastructure solutions and services to better meet the needs of our Clients
• Define, Document, maintain and manage fully redundant, cost effective & high performing network standards for:
o Internet Connectivity
o Inter-DC Connectivity Core Switching Infrastructure
o Access and Distribution Infrastructure
o Firewall and Load balancer Infrastructure
o Network Security Architecture
• Direct multiple projects, guide resources and monitor the quality and acceptance of the solution process. Follow the detailed design to implementation to ensure conformance and consistency of services delivery.
• Develop technology road maps and annual technology plans.
• Research and evaluate new and/or alternative solutions and technologies to enhance operational effectiveness and reduce costs.
• Provide in-depth technical consultation to clients and IT management to ensure development of efficient application systems utilizing established standards, procedures, and methodologies.
• Stay up to date on trends and developments within functional area of expertise and the industry.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 10+ years of experience supporting medium to large size Network infrastructure from design, management and support perspective.
• 10+ years of solid Network Architecture design and solid hands on experience with routing & switching.
• Solid understanding and passion for existing and upcoming network technologies.
• Solid understanding of IP and Ethernet networking technologies including solid understanding of network protocols (IPv4, IPv6, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VRRP etc.)
• Solid hands on experience and familiarity with multiple network vendor technologies (Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper, Citrix, etc.)
• Ability to assess virtualization, Network Infrastructure and automation.
• Knowledge of Cloud technologies (Public, Private and Hybrid)
• Ability to communicate technical proposals to internal and external technical teams and management
• Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently to support deadlines
• Ability to perform well in a dynamic environment, with on-time delivery
• Ability to write and present effective materials, including presentations, status reporting, technical diagrams and flowcharts
• Ability to identify issues (or potential ones) to mitigate potential loss of revenue
• Experience designing network infrastructures supporting hosted operations within large-scale, global deployments.
• Experience in system architecture or systems engineering for integration into IP-based network infrastructures
• Demonstrated problem solving skills, capacity planning and process creation skills.
• Intimate knowledge in current IT technologies including F5, Windows, Linux, VMware, Cisco Network Equipment, Juniper
Attributes, diplomas and certificates:
• Degree in IT, or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
• Engineer diploma and applicable certifications is an asset.
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment
Connect with employer: