is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable VANCOUVER The Opportunity:
Faced with constant growth in the renewable energy market in Canada, WSP is currently seeking a National Manager - Electrical to join the Power team in Canada. The successful candidate will be part of the management team, supporting the execution of ongoing projects in Canada and business development activities regionally. The candidate will lead a team of engineers and technicians to achieve the goals of our growth strategy. The position is offered at our offices in Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary, Vancouver, or elsewhere in Canada.
The candidate will work in the renewables, transmission and distribution (T&D), and hydro and dams markets, within multidisciplinary teams specialized in geotechnical, structural, mechanical, and hydraulics, who work in constant and close collaboration. Why WSP?
• We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion
• Our Flexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
• A Canadian
success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your
ideas and trying new
• A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAre WSP A day in the life:
• Part of the management team, the candidate will lead all administrative, human resources, and technical management tasks within the electrical discipline.
• Supervise a team of more than 45 engineers and technicians spread across Canada.
• Oversee electrical work and provide guidance to engineers, technicians, and drafting teams in all markets within the Power group.
• Develop initiatives to strengthen operational and technical project delivery as well as technical development of the electrical discipline.
• Lead projects in electrical engineering within our renewables market (solar, wind and hydro) and/or in the T&D market.
• Ensure quality control of deliverables.
• Participate in the growth of the business unit.
• Participate in the preparation of proposals and business development activities. What you'll bring to WSP ...
• A bachelor's or master's degree in electrical engineering
• Proven experience in team management, administration, human resources, and business development activities
• Registered professional engineer (P.Eng.) designation in a Canadian province
• Strong communication and leadership skills
• Pragmatic, solutions-oriented approach to problem solving
• Multi-disciplinary versatility; a dynamic, team-spirited, and quality-oriented approach; and a commitment to technical excellence are essential.
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Senior (> 10 years)
Engineering Management and Executive