Morning Show Co Host
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
This role has been posted in locations where we have a Rogers corporate site. We encourage qualified candidates from across the country to apply who can reasonably commute to one of these locations.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun?If so, consider the following opportunity!
We're looking for a Morning Show Co-Host!
Ocean 98.5 is looking for a fierceaddition to the morning show. If you thrive on social media, live the "local first" lifestyle, know how to work collaboratively with a team, and understand the ACformat we would love to hear from you. What you will do...
What you will bring...
- Co-Host our weekday morning show
- Prepare on-brand, entertaining and demographic appropriate content for on-air and online
- Actively contribute to the Ocean 98.5socials as the face and star of the brand online
- Be a community champion proudly representing our brand both on the air and through in-person appearances (when appropriate).
- Create fun and unique audience engagement using the phones and socials
- Voice-track or cover other shifts as necessary
- Work on audio projects that may include hosting, contributing and participating in original podcasts
- Perform commercial narration for production purposes as required
- Other duties as assigned
Here's what you can expect in return:
- Proven on-air experience in Radio
- Creative social media skills
- Ability to work as a part of an established team show, and independently
- Passion for engaging with a closs nit community like Victoria (in person/phone/social media, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively in all settings
- A genuine, authentic personality who cares about their audience and their team members. A positive attitude with a sense of humour will go far!
- Familiarity with WideOrbit, MusicMaster CS, VOXPRO and Adobe Audio an asset
• A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the "what" and the "how"
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ . Schedule:
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
817 Fort Street (092), Victoria, BC Travel Requirements:
Up to 10% Posting Category/Function:
Broadcasting & On-Air Talent Requisition ID:
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media
Victoria, BC, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology