The alexa SDK provides third party developers with the ability to integrate alexa into their applications and/or devices. Come join the team that is enabling alexa across a multitude of devices.
Android and iOS support for this SDK requires engineers with good knowledge of the mobile life cycle. Come join the team that makes this happen. You will be working on the core Alexa SDK and will be driving decisions that make the mobile experience for our partner developers easier.
Being part of a customer obsessed company and working as part of this team, you'll be responsible for the design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products that make it possible to deliver packages to customers in two hours or less all over the world. You will have an opportunity to conceptualize, design, build, test and own software systems. You will influence the technical direction of the team, work with many different technologies. If you are a software engineer with a creative flare, problem-solving skills, exposure to various technologies such as Swift or Objective-C, and/or Android Java or Kotlin and have the desire to help drive Amazon's next generation of delivery, we want to talk with you.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Completed Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• For Android: Expert knowledge of Java and the JDK and Android Developers Kit. Expert knowledge of Android Architecture, performance optimization, and Security. Advanced Android UI Skills (Fragments, Custom view components)
• For iOS: Expert knowledge of Objective-C and/or Swift. Experience with Xcode and other associated tools like Instruments
• 5+ years in Software Development with at least 3 years developing multi-threaded mobile applicationsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in mobile app development in Android, iOS or both
• Experience in C++
• Customer obsessed with the ability to deal with ambiguity
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software features, and technical designs
• Experience in utilizing Mobile design patterns, building mobile frameworks/SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance.
Software and Programming