To Apply : http://bit.ly/2OGXgoW
Invoice Simple's mission is to build the world's simplest way to run and grow a small business. Today we help over 100,000 paying customers run their businesses simply — with your help we'll help a million+ small businesses succeed and grow!
- More than 100K paying customers
- Loved product with +1.5M installs, average rating of 4.7 (25K reviews)
- +70% year on year revenue growth over the past 3 years
- Useful product with impact on customer’s business and lives
- Want to join one of Canada’s fastest growing startups?
- Want to help the average independent Joe (plumbers, painters, cleaners, photographers, freelancers…) become more successful?
- Want to see your work in the hands of thousands of customers in a mater of days?
What we offer
- Unmatched learning. Invoice Simple is extremely data oriented and few companies match our level of sophistication when it comes to experimentation, measurement and data analysis.
- You’ll learn the skills to be able to systematically unlock the growth of any product.
- We hope you’re excited to feel challenged every day here. As you develop mastery, we’ll make sure you’re constantly exposed to new opportunities to push yourself.
- The challenge for you to solve is maximizing the value customers get from Invoice Simple with your technical ingenuity.
- In more concrete terms, this means improving percentage of people subscribing to Invoice Simple.
- You’ll operate in an open-minded and autonomous environment; product improvements, customer communication and conversion optimization tests are all within your purview.
- Brainstorm ideas around increasing growth
- Dig through existing data to evaluate potential of ideas and maybe come up with new ones
- Design ab-tests to evaluate ideas
- Write mobile (iOS or Android) code as necessary to implement ab-tests.
- Measure impact of various ab-tests using analytics
- To enjoy this role, you’re probably inventive, curious, and comfortable digging into data. You have great technical ability and have deployed production code before.
- You’re disciplined on working on the most impactful things. When looking to evaluate success, you turn to data and outcomes.
- When things don’t work out, you take accountability. You thrive on feedback, take ownership for your work, and operate with a small ego. You don’t mind ambiguity and enjoy discovering solutions independently.
- At the same time, you’re tenacious. You understand that big goals require persistence and hard work. You aren’t afraid to do some less-glamorous work in pursuit of a larger accomplishment.
- You are not disheartened by short term set backs. You keep your eye on the ball and learn from what doesn’t work as well as what does.
- You may or may not have experience as a ‘growth engineer’, but you frequently research and learn new things without someone else prompting you.
- Picking up new technologies sounds enjoyable to you.
- You are willing to challenge your own ideas and preconceptions with experiments and data.
What are we looking for?
- Ability to turn ideas into reality quickly across various code bases
- You can wrangle and analyze numbers in spreadsheets
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or a related field) OR equivalent experience.
- You have a few years of development experience across some of these technologies: backend (NodeJS), front end (React, JS, HTML), and mobile (Android, iOS, React Native)
- Our existing tech stack
- Mobile apps build in Java, Objective-C and React Native
- NodeJS backend in Typescript
- Google BigQuery for data warehousing
- PeriscopeData for SQL dashboards
How to apply
We get dozens of applications each week. In order to find the best of the best we’ve designed a coding challenge.
If your core expertise is iOS, try this: https://share.nuclino.com/p/iOS-coding-challenge-JT5ZG6RqBECe7Qd8xqwn2g
Otherwise try the Android challenge: https://share.nuclino.com/p/Android-coding-challenge-ObwRz1a7rJqepCpqnjeK7F
Read the briefs carefully and feel free to ask any clarification questions. Be sure to set aside at least 4 hours for the challenge.
To Apply : http://bit.ly/2OGXgoW
Posted: November 13, 2018
Closes: January 12, 2019