Miscellaneous Metal Estimator: Harvey 2317
We are a structural steel and miscelanious metal fabrication company, who is currently looking for a Miscellaneous Metal Estimator
- The Estimator will be fluent in mathematics and accounting, with in-depth knowledge of research and data analysis methods, and estimation systems.
- In addition to being an excellent communicator, candidates should also be detail orientated with outstanding organizational skills.
- Your central goal will be to prepare accurate estimate reports for projects by gathering information, analyzing important metrics, and conducting regular risk assessments.
- Ability to perform take-offs with speed and accuracy
- Collect quotes from subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers to inform cost estimates.
- Analyze company data, monitor budgets and prices using software packages to establish cost estimates.
- Review and assess cost estimates to ensure they are current.
- Identify labor, material, costs and time requirements by researching proposals, blueprints, and any related documents.
- Download project plans and specifications
- Site visits as necessary to determine access and site conditions
- Apply for Ironworkers Market Recovery Fund
- Prepare detailed cost estimate including the tender letter with terms and conditions.
- Prepare Bid Bond applications if necessary
- Submit tender according to bid instructions
- Conduct risk assessments to account for regular and elevated risk factors (weather, schedule, special material or labor requirements).
- Follow the project to ensure that expenses follow the forecast plan.
- Prepare detailed reports for owners and management to inform future estimating.
- Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS) or Construction Estimator Certificate (CSC) or relevant experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ as a Structural Steel Estimator or similar role.
- Outstanding mathematics.
- Proficient in relevant software including MS Office Suite.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on experience
Benefits package is available after 3 months
Flexable hours if needed
Manufacturing and Production